Chapter 12

Ingrid's POV

It was friday afternoon when our professor dismissed us early and just left us with bunch of take home readings for the exam in the next two weeks. Wala kasi siya next week kaya sa exam nalang kami susunod na magkikita-kita. Malapit na rin finals kaya busy na lahat ng professors namin.

Tapos na rin lahat ng labs namin kaya it's all more on lecture discussion. Mabuti na rin yun para hindi ako lalo mahirapan considering the fact that I'm having a problem with regards to my current situation.

Hanggang ngayon, hindi ko pinaalam kay Jordan ang tungkol sa naging deal namin ni Laris. The guilt that I was carrying every single day everytime I see my husband is killing me on the inside.

We even often talk about the possible plans of taking down Laris as if like I wasn't one of his greatest enemy's minions. Kahit sabihin kong hindi ko ginusto ang lahat ng yun, hindi parin mababago yung katotohanan na nasa ilalim parin ako ng pagkasakim ni Laris.

I just hope that when the time comes that Jordan will finally found out what I did, he won't change how he look at me. But I think that'll be the least thing that could happen because what I did is unacceptable, betraying my own family.

"Can I please get an iced caramel macchiato. Upside down with only two pumps of vanilla." I barely slept before I came to the university to attend my class so I quickly stopped at the small café inside the University to lessen my urge to sleep while I'm driving back home.

Hindi kasi ako naihatid ni Jordan dahil sa dami ng trabaho niya sa base at sa iba pa nilang kumpanya.

"Here's your receipt. We'll call you when your order is ready." I said thanks and smiled back at the cashier before I stood next to the waiting area to wait for my order.

Crowded yung buong café because it's lunch time so I have to wait patiently on the side while scrolling on my phonescreen.

"One chocolate cream cold brew for Zion." Just as the barista called that name, it  instantly got my attention. I lifted my gaze from my phonescreen and stared at the tall man that walked towards the barista to grab his order. He's wearing a plain white shirt, black pants, a pair of Balenciaga speed runners and a thick book on his right hand.

His name ringed a bell on my ear.

Right, he was that person that Lisle was talking about.

"Thanks." He said to the barista. Slightly smiling.

As he turned towards my direction, he stopped midway from sipping his coffee. Hindi ata niya ineexpect na makikita niya ako dito.

Nakita kong kumunot pa ang noo niya, tila kinikilala ako but eventually gave me a small smile before walking towards my direction.

"Hi! You're Ingrid right? The one with a small kid and a husband at the carpark?" My brows furrowed. How did he know my name? And how did he know that I have a child and a husband at the time Jordan and my daughter picked me up? Is he a stalker? Sinundan ba niya ako hanggang marating ko ang carpark?

"No, I'm not." I lied, refusing to extend any conversations with this guy. Kahit siya pa yung tinutukoy ni Lisle, it still won't change a fact that he's still stranger to me.