07

aelin's pov

"why do we need to organise another high lords meeting?" feyre asked the next day whilst they sat around the table for breakfast.

the woman had leant aelin another pair of illyrian leathers. the fabric was tough and yet comfortable and the scales carved into it reminded her of a wyvern.

maybe she would sneak a pair back to terrasen if she had the chance.

"because they want an update on miss galathynius over here" rhysand inclined his head towards the woman who nibbled on a piece of bacon.

she had managed to get more food down her today which was important. she needed to build up her muscle strength and exercise again.

"it's mrs, actually." aelin replied. rhsyand gave a mocking bow and apology in return.

"the only thing is.. we have to tell them you're fae."

aelin shook her head "i'm not shifting."

"listen, aelin" rhysand began; she knew that a speech was coming up "i know what it's like to be scared of your power - to think you have too much of it."

the girl stopped chewing her food and looked up at him. his violet eyes shone with passion and a hint of sadness at some passing memories crept over his face.

"sometimes i can feel it slithering about in my veins and panic because i know that if it gets out of control, then the consequences would be devastating."

feyre clutched his hands and gave him a small smile.

the others acted like they weren't listening but rhysand knew that they were taking in everything that came out of his mouth.

"but you do not let it control you; you do not fear it. we can go deep into the mountains were there is no civilisation and you can let go. you'll feel so much better afterwards."

aelin let out a shaky breath she didn't know she had been holding. that really was a motivator.

everything that rhysand had said was the utter truth. she got overwhelmed by it at times and started to fright herself.

and by the way he spoke with such conviction, she knew that he had been through the same thing.

so she would not be afraid. she was aelin ashryver whitehorn galathynius of the wildfire; mala's heir and light bringer.

"okay," she whispered to herself and then out loud to the others "okay. let's do this."

so they all connected hands and winnowed into an oncoming storm.

-

feyre/rhys pov

it was peaceful where they appeared. snow crunched under their boots and small flakes fell from the sky lightly.

the high lord had taken them to the outskirts of the night court - somewhere in between velaris and the court of nightmares.

there were no people around for miles and miles - not even trees or wildlife. just mountains and unforgivable ice.

rhysand walked up to his mate and clutched her hand, wrapping a shield around them both so that they could be protected from the temperature.

they watched aelin take in her surroundings. the look on her face was unusual and she didn't seem effected by the cold in the slightest.

it was almost as if the ice and the wind reminded her of someone special. maybe rhys could ask her about it later?

"go ahead, aelin. give us your worst."