flower: restaurant

Ava took the opportunity to settle down in her room after last night's disaster. The tension was still thick between the both of them and none have said a word since then. She spent hours contemplating if she should go to his room until she heard a knock from the door.

She immediately stood up, ready to face with whatever is happening behind that door. She opened it to meet the same brown eyes, but her sight traveled to his choice of clothing which got her confused. She raised her eyebrows in question.

"Let's go out."

She widened her eyes, completely stunned by his answers. She stared at him for so long, as if she's waiting for him to say it's a joke but only met the sincerity in his eyes. She knew he wasn't joking.

"Are you sure?" She questioned, tilting her head as if to see his assurance.

"Yeah, I need stuff for the garden, might as well ask for your help." Calum fidgeted in his place.

"Okay." Ava nodded slowly while taking a step back from the doorframe. "Give me a minute."

"Actually, uh- do you wanna- if you don't mind- borrow my sweater? The one you kept on insisting to have." He rambled on his words but managed to make a full sentence.

Ava did not see this coming when after so many weeks, she had been dying to keep the baby blue sweater that he had, only because it smell like him.

"Really?"

"Of course, let me get it." Calum shuffled back to his room leaving Ava in surprise. She walked to her closet and grab a skirt and a shirt to pair. She quickly changed into the outfit, grabbing a hair tie from her nightstand and took her phone and purse. When she left the room, she sees him standing in the hallway with the sweater.

"Here, let me help you." He walked towards her and fitted the big sweater inside her body. Ava looked at her reflection in the mirror, feeling satisfied that the words printed 'fùck off' in the sweater was finally worn by her.

"Should we get going?" Calum asked, receiving a nod in response before grabbing her hand. They both walked out of the house and into his garage.

Ava felt a strange feeling in her stomach, probably because it was the first time in months when they have gotten out together, the last time being when they were not together still. She felt like she was about to be exposed to a whole different world which made her anxious.

Calum walked to the passenger seat and opened the car for Ava, as she let out a thank you before settling down at the leather seat. She waited for him until he finally sat at the driver's seat, turning on the car before they traveled down the streets.

The soft music filled the atmosphere as Calum drove in silence, and they could not figure out if it was a comfortable one or an awkward one until Calum decided to speak up.

"I first met her when we toured with One Direction."

Ava's head snapped quickly as she stared back at him. He was about to share a story that is a part of him; a part that has been broken.

"She went to ours and got disappointed, her friend got her to believe Ariana Grande was opening for One Direction. She didn't know who I was, cause she was sulking throughout out the whole set and didn't bother to look at us. That's how we clicked on."

"The next thing I knew, I've grown the balls to ask her out while we're on tour, and fans were starting to get suspicious. But we didn't mind. I have loved her since I was eighteen and the stronger my feelings get, the more the fans understood about our relationship. And because of that," Calum glanced at Ava before looking back at the road.