lead: single

Ava thought she was going to be dead.

Her heart immediately stops when she hears Luke calling her name, and worry flashes through her eyes while looking at Calum. She starts to feel the same type of dizziness she had and could feel her head throbbing in pain. She knew this was going to happen, but she hadn't expect it sooner. She still couldn't register to her mind the whole public relationship thing, with things going so fast for the both of them.

"Come say hi." Calum walked towards Ava and offered his hand but then whispers to her.

"Hey, there's no pressure in here, bub. You don't have to join us for now." He cracks a soft smile for her to ease up, and she starts to panic over her decisions. The fans have seen her, Luke has mentioned her name, it would be rude for her to not stop by for a single hello. She then finds herself persuaded by her own thoughts to go infront of the laptop.

"No, I think I can do it." She asserts herself which got him surprised.

Calum could only silently cursed to Luke ever since that incident, and he was bothered by the tensed look Ava had. He had kept himself off the social media after his last post, and he didn't dare to look at the comments for the sake of their relationship to be not broken. He was uncertain and clueless about the fans reaction and he insist himself to not worry about it. But it seems to not work right now when he feels himself overly anxious.

"Okay." Calum hesitates a little bit before putting back the big smile he had. He took his plate from her and held her hand as they walked back to his desk.

"Nice to see you again, Ava!" Luke greeted with a big smile like he hadn't cause some bother between the couple.

"Hey Luke." She waved back before looking back to her boyfriend. Calum slightly nodded before taking a deep breath.

"This is Ava, my girlfriend, uh- if you guys don't know yet." Ava sat on his lap, letting out a little wave.

"Hello." She barely whispered as her eyes travel away from the comments that's popping rapidly in the screen.

"How're you guys doing?" Luke initiates a conversation, who just realized how her cameo caused a fuss on the fans as he tries to avoid going for their questions.

"We're doing good, it feels good to finally have company after so many years." Calum smiled while looking at Ava for reassurance.

"Yeah it does, especially when you do it with the people you love. Poor, Michael." Luke laughs as he goes on to talk while the couple still stays in silence.

"A fan is wondering if we have anything released for the month of April?" His eyes travels to one comment before looking up to Calum.

"That's a good question. Funny thing is that- uh we filmed something tod- ah fùck, am I allowed to say that?" Ava burst out laughing from his clumsiness as he rubs his face playfully. Comments starts to flood from his sudden reveal on a possible music video.

"Way to go, Cal!" Luke giggles. "Well I guess you guys have to keep an eye out for that one- by the way, I believe Ava had helped you out with that."

Ava nodded, awaiting for his next words while preparing herself for the attention she's about to receive from the fans.

"Did Calum do any good as a lead singer?" Luke smirked, his gaze settled on the Kiwi who rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"He was- uh, a bit- Cal I love you so much- but you were too penguin-like." Ava sheepishly smiles which caused an eruption of laughter from Luke. Calum looked at his girlfriend in disbelief while groaning.

"Honestly can't stand that guy one bit."

Ava laughs as she starts to feel more comfortable with the live stream.