Chapter Twenty Eight: Shiny black haired Dad

Delilah's routine at Bobby's changed completely. Her sleeping schedule was messed up: she would sleep until 3:00p.m, and she would have pasta for breakfast, pasta for lunch, pasta for dinner, she would eat lots of cake and always sleep again. 

Originally, Sam and Dean planned to stay at Bobby's for the weekend, but they found a case near Sioux Falls and decided that maybe, just maybe, they had to investigate and, why not, hunt whatever was bothering the neighbors of that area. So, since their stay was prolonged, Delilah used it as an excuse to be a normal procrastinator; something her brothers saw as fine. By the fourth day of staying at Bobby's, the old man couldn't wait any longer to ask Delilah, what was going on, through her eyes.

"Pretty much nothing, I'm in a weird relationship that makes other pedophilia cases seem nothing in comparisson with mine, Lucifer is my guardian angel and everyone keeps trying to convince me I'm not evil because of that. Sometimes I remember my friends back at home and cry silently so Dean doesn't wake up. Sometimes I walk out our motel room and fin myself talking alone, then I find out, someone was actually listening, either Gabriel or Lucifer, are always watching out for me. A buffet? I haven't had a real one for a long time, and I've been eating pasta only because it's my favorite group of food and I'm aware that once we are back at the road I won't have much pasta." Her throat was sore, her eyes were watering. Bobby looked at her as she sobbed, and didn't say a word, "And then I've always had this problem, I get too attached to people, and I'm getting attached to Angels now, and I know it's dangerous, I might lose them, but it doesn't stop me from liking them a lot. And I think Castiel hates me, no reason apparently though."

"Damn girl, you're breaking." Bobby said, pouring some whiskey on a glass, "I'm not great at this, but drink." Delilah denied the whiskey at first, but her heart was aching and she just shrugged and drank it all at once. The burning sensation left her speechless and she felt the sensation all over her exploding head. "This is my second 'welcome to the family girl'." Bobby said grinning and drinking whiskey himself.

"It burns." Delilah shrieked with the little voice she had left.

"That's right. Now tell me, how does it make you feel? About your other problems?" Bobby asked seriously.

"They aren't as bad as this right now." she answered sticking her tongue out trying to get rid of the taste.

"Right. Now don't get me wrong, being an alcoholic is wrong in a lot of ways. I'm not telling you 'drink all your problems right away.' But just when you feel you're done with everything, drink something with an awful taste for your soft tongue, like this old whiskey, and you'll see everything with other eyes." 

Delilah looked at the whiskey like she was ready to attack it. Bobby hid it grinning and she decided to laugh. "Okay, I'll follow your advice sometime."

"Good." he said satisfied. "I've got something for you." he said and walked towards a pile of papers on the floor. Next to them there was a wooden, shiny box with golden details. He opened it and grabbed something from the inside and walked towards Delilah again, "This is for you." when she opened the wrinkled paper, picture it was a picture, she saw a black haired guy with dark greenish blue eyes, and a huge smile. He was holding a baby with him, and Delilah recognized the baby as her. It had a date written in manuscript on the top right corner, 'July 20th, 1996.' "After Mary died, John was depressed. His only light were Dean and Sam. He loved them so much, they were his anchor. Although at first he never though of being with another woman, things happen. When he found out your mother was pregnant, it never crossed his mind to be in charge of you, but as he told me in these exact words 'that girl...is my girl.' He literally fell in love with the idea of having a baby girl, a daddy's girl. It was a dangerous year for him though, and he had to give you in adoption. I offered to keep you but, it was safer if you were far."

"That's John?" Delilah said pointing at the picture, "That's Dad?" her voice was breaking.

"Yes."

"I forgive him. If an apologize had to be made, if he asked for my forgiveness, I would forgive him." Delilah said softly. "He looked so young on this one, I mean, it's almost impossible to look that young."

"He had his secrets." Bobby said smirking. "He was a brother to me. And he was a good man. Dean knows it better than anyone." 

"Yes." Delilah answered and handed the picture to Bobby.

"No, no, it's for you to keep."

"Thank you." Delilah said and walked away, "Thank you." she muttered once again and walked to the room she was staying in, and threw herself at the bed, looking at the picture she was holding. She fell asleep easily, with the image imprinted on her mind.

"Castiel? What are you doing here?" 

"I'm able to slip into people's dream and talk with them." Castiel answered nonantichaly.

"How?" Delilah asked but regretted it quickly. "I know! You're an angel of the Lord, don't, just don't say it." she said quickly when he was about to say the same thing.

"I'm not mad at you, you know?" Castiel told her.

"Then why have you..."

"Been away for a while? Not exactly my choice, I have been doing some things that concern only to me." Castiel said seriously, "I just came over here to tell you I'm not mad at you." and with that, he vanished.

Back at the real world, Dean was looking at Delilah fully concerned.

"We're leaving." he said bitterly and was about to walk out when Delilah hugged him from behind. "And this is for?"

"Being a great brother, maybe you haven't noticed, but you've been."

Dean smiled. "Yeah, well. No chick flick moments." Delilah chuckled and grabbed her bags and the picture. It felt nice to be away from hunting for a while. But now, they were back on business.