Chapter Twenty Six: Begging for the brother's protection

"Look who finally appeared!" Dean cheered sarcastically. Castiel arranged his trenchcoat and walked towards Dean.

"Hello, Dean." was all he could get to say. Dean looked at him trying to calm down before shouting at him things he knew would hurt the angel, and him, yes, things that would hurt both. So he decided to breathe in and out slowly.

"Where have you been, Cas?" Dean asked calmly but Castiel noticed the grave tone, powerful and scary.

"I've been having bussiness. At Heaven, of course. Where are your siblings?"

Dean walked towards the small fridge placed, conveniently, at the edge of the bed he was using. This  was one of the most cleanest motels he has stayed in, and his standards have upgraded quickly because now he had a squeaky complaining sister who wouldn't sleep in a nasty looking place: she'd rather sleep at the Impala, even if that meant a back pain the next day that would slow her at hunting. "They are jogging. Something about health and stuff. We have to maintain Delilah in constant exercise, she has a huge tendency of laziness, you can't even imagine it." he chuckled at the tought of her, running along with Sam and suddenly he felt jealous; it was another thing they had in common, even though she hated exercise, she would run daily with Sam, and that quality time with her brother was spent talking about almost any subject known to humans, and the ones ignored by a grand majority.

"It's funny, you calling her lazy, considering the fact you are the one sitting and drinking a beer here, Dean." and of course, as a lot of times, Castiel was right. And he reminded Dean of Delilah and felt a sudden heat on his stomach again; she had things in common with Cas. And now, what was bothering him: what did she had in common with him? At first, he was her favorite brother, but as time has passed, her feelings have growth for Sam, and Sam's towards her were more positive, and she was very bond of Castiel, and she had something like friendship with Balthazar and then there was Gabriel and his train of thought stopped there; he didn't knew what was going on with Gabriel, but at the end, he had to accept it, he knew it. He brought Delilah to this world, it was best to accept the way she was trying to fit it in her life.

"Yeah," Dean accepted, "maybe it is illogical."

"Dean, I am not supposed to be here right now. I am not supposed to be talking with you while Heaven is at war."

"War?" Dean asked confused. He then smirked, "Trouble at Paradise? I thought Heaven was a perfect place to be."

"For humans, it might be, better than Earth actually. But for Angels, right now, well...We have some issues that have to be resolved. But the thing I came here to talk about, nothing has to do with those issues in general, but an specific one."

"I'm all ears." Dean said, throwing himself at the bed and patting it seductively. He put the beer on the floor and waited. Castiel sat, maintaining enough distance from Dean.

"Lucifer," he started saying but shuddered instintinvely, "I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, oh." Castiel stood up and wandered around the room. Dean looked at him almost begging for him to finish, he wouldn't say it out loud because, Dean Winchester isn't a begging person. "Do you believe in guardian angels, Dean?" Dean chuckled and nodded, of course he did already, he met a couple of angels already, hell, even Archangels.  "Well, it's a long story I'll try to make short. We, angels, were given a certain list, at the beginning of time, with the humans we were going to be in charge of. Some angels waited centuries, others, milleniums, and others had a human instantly. All these years we, angels, have been kind of doing our job except for one. Yes, even fallen angels still have their humans to take care of. And althought each angel in existence has had at least one human to take care of, one didn't. Not because of his choice, but because his human wasn't yet born. Now that his human is alive, and he is free, he's willing to do his job. Lucifer is claiming everything, every right given to any angel concerning his or her human, and he is winning the battle."