2.3

"You what?"

Jessie stood up from her bed and took a few steps toward Tony and Pepper. Pepper's smile looked warm and friendly and Tony had a smirk on his face.

"You...you want to adopt me?" She said with tears in her eyes and Pepper nodded.

"What do you say JT? Want to join the Stark clan?" He sent her a goofy smile and Jessie laughed.

"To be honest with you guys...I..." She looked down at her hands which were nervously rubbing together. Tony and Pepper exchanged worried looks before peering back at the nervous girl. Jessie looked up at the two and smiled. "I would love nothing more."

Pepper squealed and ran over to Jessie to hug the girl and Tony smiled to himself, happy with her answer. Jessie couldn't help how elated she felt from the sudden decision and she hugged Pepper tightly, looking at Tony who sent her a wink.

-

"Is it true?" Jessie entered the living room to see Tony discussing something with Pepper. The two adults turned to see their soon-to-be daughter and Pepper smiled while Tony rolled his eyes. "You're bringing Peter here?"

"Can nothing be kept quiet?" Tony brought his hand to his forehead in frustration.

"Not when you have an Avenger that can walk through walls," Jessie laughed. "I can't believe it. Are you finally going to ask him to join the team?"

"Go back to your room and let the adults handle this," He pointed back to the elevator with an annoyed look on his face.

"Just like you handled the villain in Queens?" Jessie scoffed in amusement.

"Jess!"

"Are you regretting the decision to adopt me yet?" She smirked at him and Tony shook his head in disbelief.

"She's like a mini-Tony," Pepper widened her eyes in amusement and Tony sent her an offended look.

"No, she's not."

"No, I'm not!"

Jessie and Tony looked at each other in frustration.

"Stop that!"

"Stop that!"

"Okay, you two," Pepper chuckled and walked over to Jessie to put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Let's simmer down and figure out what to eat for dinner."

"Maybe Thai?"

-

"Hey, how is everything going?" Jessie smiled as she spoke to someone she hadn't talked to in a while.

"Well, Lila is getting good with a bow. I think she might even follow in my footsteps," Clint chuckled.

"I hope so. We could use a few more kick ass females saving the world," Jessie laughed and she heard Clint yell to his son, Cooper.

"So, how are you? How is it in Stark world?" Clint asked and Jessie smiled softly.

"Actually, speaking of that, I wanted to run something by you," She told him.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Well, you see, over the past year, I have kinda gotten closer to Tony and Pepper and well, they think so too."

"And?"

"And they want to adopt me," She answered and the line went quiet.

"Wow. Tony a father. Who would've thought," Clint chuckled and Jessie smiled sadly.

"Listen, Clint, you and Nat have always been my closest family. I care about what you both think. Since Tony won't let me try to find her, I can't contact her, but you...well I'd really like you to support me on this," Jessie explained.

"I do support you, Jess, I just..." Clint went quiet again, thinking of what to say. "I don't want you to forget that I'll always be here. If anything happens or if you need anything."

"I won't. I will never forget," She told him and he smiled from where he stood in his backyard watching his kids play.

"Good. I'll talk you later, Jess."

"Yeah. Talk to you later," She said softly and hung up.

-

"PP!"

Jessie ran outside just before Peter got into the car that would take him back to Queens. Peter's face twisted in confusion at the familiar name.

"Well, I also have a friend who calls me JT because of my initials. What are yours? Maybe I could give you a cool nickname with that," She offered and he laughed a little.

"About that..." He started off and Jessie noticed he was very hesitant on telling her. "My last name is Parker."

Jessie started to laugh and then covered her mouth to stifle her giggles while Peter watched her with a dissapointed look. "I'm sorry. It's not funny," She tried to say and she gave him a straight face for only five seconds before she couldn't bear it and giggled again. He started to laugh too.

"Jess?" He asked before turning to see the girl sprinting toward him. He started running her direction as well and just as they met, she flung herself into his arms and he caught her, almost falling to the ground.

They clung to each other tightly and Tony was about to intercede when Happy pulled him back, motioning him not to interrupt. Tony huffed and turned around as to not have to watch the two kids act so lovey dovey.

"Hi," Jessie smiled softly and Peter laughed nervously.

"Hey," He blurted out causing Jessie to laugh. Peter closed his eyes and took in her scent that he had missed so much. If there was one thing he couldn't forgive himself for, it was losing Jessie.

They pulled away from each other and looked into each other's eyes. "So you said no," She mentioned and Peter nodded before rubbing his neck and blinking his eyes rapidly. "Why? All you've been able to talk about is being an Avenger?"

Peter cracked a smile at her and stared at her lovingly. "I kinda just want to be a neighborhood hero for now. Go to school, hang out with friends, spend time with Aunt May," He explained and Jessie smiled.

"You're one weird guy, Parker," She told him. "But a great one." Peter smiled and stared at the girl with admiration in his eyes. "You should get going."

"Will I see you again?" Peter asked and Jessie smirked.

"I'm gonna spend the summer with my parents, but I'll see you when school starts up again," She told him. "And until then," She held up her phone which had Peter's phone number on the screen.

"Your parents?" Peter asked and Jessie looked back to Tony who was talking on his phone to Pepper.

"Yeah," She motioned to the man and looked back up at Peter. "You might want to change my contact in your phone."

"To...To what?" Jessie smirked in amusement.

"Jessie Stark."