1.7

Jessie got back to the room to collect her things after being questioned by the police and had found that Michelle and Liz had already packed their things and left to get in the bus.

Jessie sighed and started throwing dirty clothes into her suitcase and grabbed her toiletries. As she was zipping up her suitcase, she heard a voice getting louder and louder until she turned around and saw Peter standing in the middle of the room. His thoughts had been so loud that she knew he wasn't sure what to say to her.

"Peter," Jessie said as Peter stood nervously running a hand through his hair. She turned away from her suitcase before walking toward him and throwing her arms around him. He stood shocked for a moment before placing his arms around hers as well. "Thank you for not screwing up and killing all of us," Jessie said and felt a laugh escape Peter's lips.

She pulled away from him and she was about to walk back to her suitcase when Peter caught her wrist. She turned back toward him and looked up at his eyes. "I need to tell you something," He said and she sighed, but nodded. "I have been...a little self absorbed lately-"

"A little?"

"Alright a little more than usual. But uh, I'm sorry," Peter told her. "You know, I just...I just want to protect everyone and-and I know it's been hard with you losing your powers and I shouldn't have been so inconsiderate," Peter rambled and Jessie lifted her hand up to his cheek.

"It's okay," She smiled softly and he shook his head.

"No-No it's not. I...I'm gonna do better, okay? If not as your boyfriend then as your best friend. I'll be anything you want. I just...I know that after today, I..." He huffed. "I can't stand the thought of losing you," He told her and Jessie smiled.

She placed her hands around Peter's neck and tugged him down. She lightly grazed her lips onto his before softly pressing them together.

She couldn't help but hear Peter's thoughts going into overdrive. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. She's kissing me. I'm kissing her. This is amazing. I can't believe this is happening. I never thought she'd trust me again. Jessie smiled and broke away from the kiss. She looked up at Peter's stunned face and blushed.

She quickly turned around and picked up her suitcase before walking around Peter to leave the room. She turned back to see he still hadn't moved from the middle of the room and she laughed. "Are you coming?"

She saw Peter jump and turn around quickly. "Uh, uh, yeah," He said quickly and ran toward her. She was about to turn around again, but Peter grabbed her suitcase and ran off with it.

"Hey!" Jessie ran after him and saw him look back at her grinning. He ran into the bus and placed her things in a seat in the back of the bus. Peter sat behind Ned and Michelle was across from them and two rows up, so Jessie sat next to her. They slept on each other most of the ride home and Liz took a picture whilst giggling.

-

When they got back to Queens, they piled off the bus, some more groggy than others from just waking up. Everybody's parents were waiting for them outside since they all heard what happened with the monument and went to hug their children who had been close to death.

Jessie stepped off the bus after Peter and saw May squeezing the life out of him. She heard May's racing thoughts and felt bad that the woman worried so much. If only she knew he was Spiderman. Jessie was next to get hugged and May didn't hesitate to squeeze her as hard as she possibly could.

"First Jessie's fall and now this? The two of you are never going out of state again," May shook her head and took hold of their arms to walk home with them.

-

The next day during school, Jessie and Peter walked together through the hallway smiling at each other and laughing at the crowd of students that cheered whenever they saw a Decathlon team member. It wasn't that the Decathlon team was popular because how smart they were, they were popular because they were saved by Spiderman and witnessed the swinging superhero firsthand.

Peter's attention was caught on the broadcast team's montage of pictures and videos when a picture came up that he knew Jessie would hate. He laughed and nudged her. She looked up at him before following his pointed hand toward the screen and saw a dastardly picture of Jessie and Michelle sleeping on the ride home.

Jessie's head was resting on Michelle's shoulder since she was smaller in height and Michelle's head lay on top of Jessie's. Jessie's mouth was ajar and Michelle's lips were pursed. Peter laughed even harder when he saw the look of horror on Jessie's face.

"I'll kill her. Where is Liz?" She sped forward, but Peter caught her bag and tugged her back until she spun into his arms.

"Hey! It's a great picture!" Peter smiled as if he wasn't sure why Jessie would freak out over it.

"It's terrible. Michelle and I look like we're dead," Jessie scoffed and Peter grinned at that. He leaned toward her and kissed her pouted lips catching Jessie offguard. This new confidence Peter was showing her was not only surprising, but also attractive.

He pulled away from her just before the Broadcast team awkwardly said "Thank you, Spiderman." Jessie laughed lightly and then smirked and pointed to the screen as Peter's elated eyes bore into hers. "Thank you, Spiderman," She copied and he rolled his eyes in amusement before putting his arm around her and continuing to walk down the hall.

Peter released his hold on her as he and Jessie jogged down the steps and Ned approached Peter barely containing his excitement. "Dude, dude, dude. What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" Ned asked him and Jessie smiled softly as she looked up at Peter's happy expression.

"Crazy, dude," He said through his breath.

"It's crazy," Ned agreed. "Should I tell everyone?"

"No," Peter said instantly in response.

"Should I tell everyone?"

"No, dude. No, that's not a good idea," Peter told him and Ned sighed.

"Alright, while you nerds talk about really bad ideas, I'm gonna go to class," Jessie smirked and kissed Peter's cheek before walking off.

Ned looked at Peter with squinted eyes and a teasing smirk and Peter rolled his eyes.

-

Jessie walked along the streets of Queens soaking in the time had left before everything became a mess. She knew she would soon have to tell Tony about her powers since they've become harder to control.

Jessie decided that she would tell Tony that night, but knew he would want to run tests on her the second he found out. That was why she decided to spend her day walking through Queens, so that she could enjoy herself for the time being.

She had texted Peter and even called him to try and spend time with him before she would have to leave, but he didn't pick up or reply. Jessie decided that he was busy trying to save the city from the alien weapons so she bought herself a ticket for a ride on the Staten Island Ferry for 11 and bought herself a sub sandwich to eat during the ride.

She walked onto the boat and handed the ticket collector her ticket before walking to the front of the boat and taking her sandwich out of her bag. She had to sneak it through because they wouldn't allow food on the boat. She looked out at the water and watched the birds fly through the sky. Everything was so calm and serene, until it wasn't.