1.2

The next day, Jessie went to school and purposely avoided Ned at all costs. Even when he tried approaching her. She knew he had questions, but she didn't want to answer them.

In P.E., she sat with Liz on the bleachers after they finished their fitness challenge and listened to their friends play F, Marry, Kill. "See, for me it would be F Thor, marry Iron man, and kill Hulk," Betty Brant told them and Jessie grimaced.

"Well, what about the Spiderman?" The guy next to Liz asked.

"It's just Spiderman," Jessie told them like it wasn't a big deal.

"Did you see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys," Liz said in amazement.

"Oh, my God, she's crushing on Spiderman. No way," Another student said and Liz smiled. Jessie wasn't sure why, but she felt her cheeks burn red and her stomach twist at the thought.

"Kind of," Liz agreed.

"Oh, gross."

"He's probably 30."

"You don't know what he looks like. Like, what if he's seriously burned?" Jessie asked. She hoped Liz would change her mind about the masked hero and she wasn't sure why.

"I wouldn't care. I'd love him for the person he is inside," She gestured to her heart.

Peter and Ned had watched the whole conversation and Peter noticed how aggravated Jessie looked and her pink tinted cheeks. Is she jealous?

"Peter knows Spiderman!" Ned called out as Peter was mid sit-up. Everyone in the gym went silent and Jessie felt her stomach lurch. Peter stood up quickly and walked toward the group.

"No, I don't. No. I-- I mean--"

"They're friends," Ned added. Jessie thought of several different scenarios of Ned earning a punch to the face, but never had she thought of this one.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends," Flash laughed at the joke he made.

"I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's...through the Stark internship," He tried to explain. "Yeah, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it," He whispered harshly toward Ned.

"Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him
to Liz's party. Right?" Flash suggested. Peter, do not do something stupid, Jessie thought.

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come," Liz told him.

"Having a party?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spiderman," Flash continued walking toward Peter.

"It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy
for parties anyway, so..." Liz trailed off.

"Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?" Flash asked him before the bell rang and everyone went to the locker rooms to change.

"What are you doing?" An extremely frustrated Peter asked Ned.

"Helping you out. Did you not see her?" Ned asked. "Liz has a crush on you and Jess was so totally jealous!" Peter thought about it and was reminded of the look on Jess's face when Liz admitted to having a crush on Spiderman.

"Dude, you're an Avenger. If any one of us has a chance with a senior girl, it's you. Jessie probably knows that too and got super territorial. This is your chance to win her back, man," Ned elbowed his friend.

Meanwhile, Jessie was walking back to the locker rooms with Liz. "Do you really believe that Peter knows Spiderman?" Jessie asked the girl. Liz shrugged and smiled softly. "Wait, do you like Peter?"

"He's pretty cute. He's just always busy which kinda doesn't leave time to get to know him more," Liz explained.

"But if he asked you out, you'd say yes?" Jessie clarified and Liz hesitated before respinding.

"I don't know. Maybe." Jessie felt her stomach burn with some kind of emotion she couldn't place. Her heart beat picked up and she felt her cheeks warm up again. She felt like Liz having feelings for Peter was threatening her and she hated the feeling. But she also wasn't sure how to stop it.

-

Jessie found Michelle later that day and told her about what was going on. "She said she would say yes to Peter if he asked her out. How...Why...I don't..." Jessie couldn't figure out how to say what she was feeling.

"Sounds like your jealous," Michelle smiled and Jessie scoffed.

"What," She said a bit dragged out and in a high pitched tone. "Me? Jealous? Pfft. That's..." Jessie thought about it and remembered how aggravated she felt about another girl having feelings for Peter.

"Totally true and you know it," Michelle finished for her. Jessie frowned and looked down at her feet. They were sitting on the steps of the stairs that lead up to another hall, but no one was really climbing them since it was their off period.

"How do I get rid of the feeling?" Jessie asked her and Michelle sighed before standing up from the steps. She turned to face the girl with a small smile.

"You don't," She deadpanned and Jessie glared at her. Michelle raised her hands in mock surrender. "I'm just sayin, I don't know why the two of you get over whatever argument you guys are having and patch things up. You guys would be cute together," She smiled knowingly and Jessie shook her head.

"It's not that simple," Jessie held out her hand for Michelle to grab and pull her up. "You better show up to Liz's house tonight or I'll shave your head," She warned Michelle who snorted in amusement.

"I might swing by," Michelle shrugged. They heard the bell ring and went their separate ways after saying a quick "see you around" to each other.

"Hey, Jess!" Liz said from a few feet away. Jessie smiled awkwardly when she saw how many people had turned their attention toward her after Liz's shout.

"Hey, Liz," Jessie greeted the girl and Liz grinned.

"So, will you come to my house after school to get ready for the party?" She batted her eyelashes. "Pretty please," She sang and Jessie laughed.

"Sure. But you aren't putting any makeup on me or I'll throw a fit," Jessie pointed at her and Liz crosses her heart.

"Of course," She nodded and then squealed before running off to class. Jessie sighed and shook her head before walking into her next class.