1.1

There was a knock at the door and Jessie opened it since May was still at work and wouldn't be home for another hour.

"Oh. Hey, Ned. Peter's not here," Jessie told him after opening the door to see him holding a box in his hands. "Stark internship."

"Oh, I know. Earlier I told him I'd meet him here after so we could work on this," He explained as he motioned to the Lego Death Star kit and she nodded before gesturing him inside.

She wondered why Peter would agree to that since he never knew when he'd be done being the friendly neighborhood Spiderman for the day, but didn't think on it too much. "I guess just wait for him in his room."

Ned nodded and walked into the hallway toward Peter's room. Jessie continued watching the television show, Hell's Kitchen and laughed at how rude Gordon was being toward the chefs food. He reminded her so much of Nick Fury at times that Jessie would reminisce of her time spent at S.H.I.E.L.D. and end up crying. The first time she cried, May had been sitting on the couch beside her and asked her what was wrong. Jessie told her that Gordon reminded her of her grandfather and how much she missed him. May comforted the girl the first time, but after that only laughed when she caught her crying during the show.

Jessie heard her phone ding and she looked down at the screen to see a text from Michelle.

Hey J. Have any trouble with the math hw?

Jessie told her she was unsure on a few before waiting to see what Michelle would say. Michelle has been helping her with it since Jessie was having trouble in the class and didn't want to ask Peter for help.

Alright, u talked me into it. We'll go over your answers tomorrow and see how dumb you are ;)

Jessie laughed lightly before typing back a quick response and threw her phone to the side again. May walked through the door a few minutes later and Jessie looked behind her to see the smiling woman. "I'm home," She sang.

"You're early," Jessie realized and May nodded.

"Yep! I'm excited to try this new turkey-meatloaf recipe I got from Karen today," She explained. Karen was May's work friend.

"Want help?" Jessie asked.

"Did you finish your homework?"

"Of course," I smirked and May gave me a pointed look before nodding.

"Alright. You can help."

Jessie joined her in the kitchen and they prepared the ingredients after May turned the oven on.

"We're out of ketchup. Do you think it will be too noticeable if we use mustard instead?" May asked and Jessie shrugged.

"Can't be too bad," She responded although she was sure it was not going to be good.

When they finished the mixture of turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, mustard, salt and marjoram, they poured it in the pan and tossed it in the oven. "Good, so this should be done in no time," May gestured to the oven and Jessie nodded.

"Well, until then, wanna watch Hell's Kitchen?"

"Duh," May playfully rolled her eyes and Jessie laughed lightly before they sat down again. An episode later and Jessie smelt something very foul.

"What is that? How long did you put the food on for?" Jessie scrunched up her nose and May cringed as she jumped up from the couch to check on the food. Jessie turned and saw the oven smoking and May took out the Turkey loaf.