prologue part 1

5 years ago

"Ow!"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nat!"

The fifteenth time getting knocked to the ground from sparring was making Jessie lose it. Natasha wasn't even at full power yet and she was already beating the heck out of the girl.

"Use your anger and fight with it," Natasha lowered her hand to help Jessie up. Jessie used that moment to take her hand and kick Natasha's feet out from under her before rolling on top of the red headed lady. In response, Natasha grabbed Jessie's shoulders and her legs pushed against Jessie's abdomen to flip the small girl over her head. Jessie landed on her back once again with a groan.

"Come on, Nat. This isn't fair," Jessie whined as Natasha hooked her hands underneath Jessie's arms and lifted her up.

"You're getting better," Natasha assured her and Jessie rolled her eyes.

"But you're still pummeling me," She muttered and Natasha smirked in response.

"I'm trying to teach you to not rely on your powers-"

"-so much and rely more on my fighting. I got it," Jessie assured her. "But I'm tired of Clint laughing at how polk-a-dotted I look with bruises all over me," Jessie motioned to the bruises lining her arms and legs.

"Soon, your skin will get more tough and then bruises won't form as easily," Natasha promised her and Jessie pouted. "And then you can use your training to beat the hell out of Clint and he'll wish he'd been in here training with us," She winked and Jessie nodded.

Although, let's face it. Clint wouldn't try for even a second to train in the same room as me. Not after last time, Natasha smirked to herself as she adjusted the gloves on her hands.

"What happened last time?" Jessie widened her eyes and Nat sent her a warning glare.

"Jessie," She reminded the innocent looking girl who smiled in surprise.

"It was an accident! Come on. Just tell me what happened," Jessie tugged on her arm.

"Okay, fine," Nat slipped her arm out of Jessie's grasp before beginning the story.
"While we were in the middle of sparring, I may have went a little too far," She smirked at the memory.

"How do you mean?"

"Like, I kicked him in a place where no good man should ever be kicked. Moving on!" She quickly tried to get off the subject, but Jessie's dropped jaw and wide eyes told her they weren't done yet.

"You kicked him in the-" Jessie said loudly before getting cut off by Nat shoving her hands over Jessie's mouth.

"Don't finish that question," She warned and Jessie smiled underneath Natasha's hands before nodding. Natasha slowly let her hands fall from Jessie's mouth and she instantly grew worried at the devious smirk that overtook her features.

Jessie took a deep breath before shouting. "Clint!" She sprinted out of the training room and it took a second to register what she was doing before Natasha sprinted after her. Jessie ran through several hallways to try and lose Nat so she could get to the elevator to get to the floor Clint's room was at. She finally made it to the elevator and pressed the button for the doors to shut several times.

As the doors were closing, she saw Nat at the end of the hallway looking dead into her eyes. Her stare was murderous and Jessie smiled sweetly before waving at the redhead until the doors closed.

She waited for the elevator to go up the next couple floors and when she heard the ding of the elevator, she got ready to walk out, but was met with Natasha's smirking face.

"Wha-" Jessie didn't finish her sentence before ducking under Nat's swing. She pushed Nat to the side so she could run past, but Nat had already grabbed onto her arm and yanked her back into the elevator. Jessie kicked Nat's leg, causing her to lose balance, and Jessie took that opportunity to swing her other leg underneath Nat. She fell to the ground from Jessie's forceful kick and Jessie ran through the elevator doors to keep them from closing. Nat grabbed onto her ankle and Jessie kicked back and felt herself kick Nat in the face.

Natasha didn't let go so Jessie decided to drag the woman out of the elevator. She struggled to bring her leg forward so she could walk, so she let it drag behind her as she used her arms to grab at the floor and pull her and Nat further into the hallway. They heard the elevator doors close and Jessie smirked at Natasha. Nat let out a frustrated grunt and yanked harshly on Jessie's leg which caused the girl to crash into the floor. Jessie groaned as Nat crawled on top of her to pin her arms down, but Jessie elbowed her across the face and kneed her to the side with as much force as she could muster and pinned Natasha as quickly as she could.

They heard the elevator ding and they both looked to the side to see who was coming out of the elevator. The relieved, crazed look on Jessie and the shocked, worried look on Natasha caused Clint to drop his bow and stare at them. "What the hell did I miss?"

Jessie quickly picked herself up from the ground and ran toward him, while Nat sat looking confused. "Natasha told me she kicked you in the-"

"She WHAT?!" His gaze turned just as deadly as Natasha's had been a few minutes before and he glared at the woman who was now standing up from the ground, preparing to run. "Wait, were you pinned by Jess?" Clint laughed as he looked at Natasha. Jessie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion until she realized.

"I did," Her eyes widened.

Natasha smirked. "You got lucky. If you hadn't made me climb three flights of stairs, I wouldn't have let my guard down," She explained and Jessie laughed nervously.

"Heh. Sorry," She said lightly.

"No, you're not," Clint smiled.

"You're right. I'm not," She shook her head.