prologue part 2

"No, no, no, no, no!" Peter walked into his room to see Jessie touching the Lego millennium falcon he and Ned were still putting together. He grabbed her waist and pulled her away from it before going over to check on the masterpiece. "Do you remember what happened last time?" He asked her with wide eyes since he was truly shocked she'd go near it again.

"I just wanted to-"

"Ned ignored me for a week after that!" He said as he draped the blanket back over it. "The blanket is on it for a reason," He explained.

"I just wanted to-" She stepped forward and held out her hand to touch it again, but Peter shook his head vigorously before stepping in front of it and holding out his arms so she couldn't get to it.

"No," He shook his head with a small laugh. "I will not let you destroy days worth of work again," He told her and she sighed.

"Come on, Peter. Can't I just-"

"No."

"But-"

"Jess?" Her eyes tore away from the blanketed figure and met his. "Read my lips. No." She pouted and crossed her arms before walking out of the room. Peter turned back to the lego millennium falcon and sighed. "You're safe now," He whispered as he softly placed his hand on it. He smiled to himself when he replayed the scene between him and Jessie.

Meanwhile, Jessie was sitting on the couch next to Aunt May who was intently watching a dramatic TV show. Jessie stared at the woman until Aunt May finally had to ask. "What's up, Jess?"

She shook her head and Aunt May narrowed her eyes at the girl. "Peter won't let me touch the lego millennium falcon," She admitted and Aunt May suppressed her smile knowing Jessie would take it the wrong way if she looked amused.

"Well, can you blame him? You broke it the last time you touched it," She mentioned and Jessie frowned.

"But that doesn't mean I'm gonna break it again!" She whined. The sound of a crash and Peter's voice yelling out "NOOO" caused Aunt May and Jessie to jump up from the couch, completely forgetting their conversation, and run to Peter's room. They peeked through the doorway and were shocked to see hundreds of lego pieces all over the ground. Peter was on the ground in the middle of it and was looking at his hands in horror.

"What have I done?" His shaky breath asked.

"Look whose fault it is now," Jessie smirked and Peter pursed his lips as he looked up at the girl. "Just wait till I tell Ned," She grinned deviously and ran from the room.

"No, Jess! Don't!" He ran after her. "I have to break it to him lightly!" He called out as she ran to grab her phone. Aunt May smiled to herself as she watched the two teenagers.

Jessie grabbed hold of her phone and quickly typed in Ned's number. Her finger hovered over the call button, but she never got to press it. Peter zoomed past her, snatching the phone away as he ran. "Peter!" She yelled and started running after him. He flipped over the couch just before Aunt May walked in and ran back into the hallway and into his room. Jessie rushed past Aunt May and banged on Peter's door. "What are you going to do, Peter? Keep my phone forever?" She called out.

There was only silence and finally the door opened. Peter smiled happily as he handed her back her phone and she eyed him warily before taking it. She went to her contacts and searched for Ned's name, but it was nowhere to be found.

"Did you delete Ned's number from my phone?" Her mouth dropped and Peter ran past her before he could get yelled at. "Aunt May!" She yelled and Peter stopped in his tracks. She wouldn't, he thought. "What's Ned's number?"

She walked past Peter and he ran ahead of her. "Don't tell her!" He called out before entering the living room to see Aunt May holding her phone.

"Tell me, please!"

"I'm not getting in the middle of this," She set her phone down on the table and Jessie and Peter exchanged daring looks with each other before they both dove for the phone. Peter got it first, but Jessie elbowed him in the rib cage which stunned him long enough for her to snatch the phone back. She ran into the hallway with Peter catching up to her and she ran into her room. Before she could shut her door, he came flying in with his arms flailing around and Jessie dove into her duvet. She held the phones behind her back and he jumped onto the bed.

Peter tackled her and she tried to knee him in the stomach, but he sat on her legs to keep them pinned down. "You're heavy," She whined. "Off!"

"Give me the phones," He told her.

"Never!" She struggled to keep the phones away from him.

"Hey, guys!" A voice said from the doorway as Jessie and Peter wrestled each other.

"What, Ned?"

"I-I'll just wait for you in your room," Ned walked away and Peter finally slipped his hand behind her back and felt something solid.

"HA!" He grabbed hold of one of the phones. They both heard a boyish scream and their eyes widened as they looked toward the door and then at each other in shock.

"Ned!" They said in realization and ran to Peter's room.

"What have you done?" Ned scanned the floor full of lego pieces.

"It was her fault."

"It was his fault."

Peter and Jessie pointed at each other. Ned glared at them and the two teenagers smiled nervously.

"You both are dead."

"Run," Peter whispered and grabbed Jessie by the wrist and fled the room.