==Chapter 40==

me, from july 18, 2022: cnt believe this was written when tiktok wasnt founded yet. good times.

______

I didn't answer. I couldn't.

I just looked shocked and confused as I looked at him.

"H-how'd you know?" I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

He crossed his arms and sighed as he looked at the guy still running after the dog with his hat in the dog's mouth.

"You're asking the guy that fell in love with that smile of yours, I know which the real one is." He said as he licked his lips.

I sat closer to him and took his hand in mine, hoping he isn't angry with me.

I started playing with them "I...don't want to worry you."

He grabbed the back of my head and pulled me to him, his lips landing on my forehead softly.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me, you have your reasons. I respect that," he gave me a half smile as he held my hands with his "I just want to make you happy the way you make me happy."

He lifted my hands up to his mouth and blew air on them.

I giggled at the tickling feeling as he chuckled at me.

"Your hands are so cold." He said as he kissed the back of my hand.

He's always like this. Always.

He puts my feelings before his.

With the whole Matt thing, he could've dumped me and found a better girlfriend any day.

I know there are plenty of them.

But instead he chose to forgive me and let me stay with him.

He chose to trust me.

He's done so many things for me, so many things that always put a smile on my face.

What have I done in return?

"Do you like PDA?" I asked him out of the blue, making him give me a weird look.

"I've been dating you for half a year and you still ask that?" He laughed at me as I puffed my cheeks out.

"But we usually just lazy around indoors, Gamer Haven is practically our home and whenever we go out it's with the boys," I said as he gave me a questioning look "No! No. That's not the reason why I'm like this."

I said, hoping he didn't misunderstand.

"I don't care if we go out or not, I love every moment with you, so it doesn't matter where we are." I gave him a reassuring smile.

He smiled sweetly at me, his eyes flickering on my lips for a second then back at my eyes "I don't mind whether we do PDA or not, 'cause I know even if we don't show affection in public, we show it in private."

My face heated up at what he said as he leaned in closer to give me a kiss.

'Shit, have you seen the girls acne??? Ew, not even proactive can help the poor girl.'

My eyes widened and I stood up quickly, yes, I am aware I left him hanging.

"Uhh, hey look let's go ice skating!" I suggested as I pointed at the ice skating rink in the park, not looking at Brayden.

I hear him stand up as he gave me a look.

"Okay, let's go then." He said as he walked over to the ice skating rink.