"Pretty" I heard a voice from my side and I turned around to find Prem with a taunting smirk. I saw that Arthit had joined the party and was not really thrilled at Prem's choice of words. 

"More like sassy," he said with a flip of l invisible hair that did not help his argument in any way and only made Prem let out a hearty laugh. In all honesty, Arthit looked stunning in the blue suit that made him look cute in his own way. The expensive suit over a neatly pressed shirt and the sparkling golden pin on the vest was practically flashing the company of the wealthiest man in his life now.

"Pretty or Sassy? You tell me Kyle" he said when I had just looked away from the Rolex glinting on his wrist.

"How about pretty sassy?" I tried with a nervous chuckle. I haven't been on the good books of Arthit for a while. What with helping Prem in his pranks and kissing Mew, I am pretty much awaiting a lecture sooner or later which I should try with my might to push ten years far.

"Always knew you swung both ways" Prem countered with a teasing grin. It made me wonder if he knew something from Arthit and his unpleasant discovery of Mew and me at Chaew's birthday party.

"Normally for others, I would have said something like interesting observation. For you I am going to go with 'Duh'" I said trying to play it cool.

"Looking good tonight Kyle" Arthit said with a warm smile that I returned.

"Thanks, A" I replied with a nod. For a person who used to have silly banters and lengthy chats on random topics with Arthit,  somehow I am at a  loss for words with him nowadays. The awkward atmosphere seemed to stretch on. Not wanting to make myself any more uncomfortable than I already am, I started small talk with him.

"So where is Kong? I saw him when we came in. But looks like he has disappeared into thin air" I said letting my eyes skim over the hall.

"Yeah, he is with Chaew getting him ready. He is throwing a tantrum to get into his suit. He hates those things. Always want to run around in just shorts" he said with a shake of his head.

"Just run around or maybe dance to the beat?" Prem said with a smirk that had snarkiness written all over it.

"What?" asked Arthit confused by his words.

"Well. I just thought since he has a rising K-pop idol at home he would have caught the dance fever as well" he said trying to hide his laugh behind his champagne glass. 

"What do you say Arthit? I think talent like this should not be wasted. It should be sent in for auditions. What do you say that I post it in our friends' group chat and get a poll in to see what they like? Hmm, what would it be? Will it be the ass twerking or the poor vocals?" he said like he was debating on a serious topic. It finally seemed to dawn on Arthit what his friend has been taunting him with right from start. I could imagine a flashing image of his dance the other day crossing his mind's eye. His cheeks and ears turned pink instantly in embarrassment as soon as the thought registered.

"Oh no, you don't. I will get back to you in a second" he said with a glare. Just when I thought I had escaped from all these tricks, Arthit swiveled in my direction with a pointed finger. 

"You. You are dead meat" he said with fumes coming out of his nose.

"In my defense, I was blackmailed with my job and I can't risk losing it what with moving countries and having nowhere else to live" I tried with a sheepish smile. Before Arthit could beat me to a pulp I was saved by a little superhero.

"Uncle Kyle" I heard Chaew running towards me, his feet pounding against the ground. His arms were outstretched at his sides, and his face brightened with a joyful grin.