Chapter 5

"Shit! Fuck! Fuck! fuck Noooo!!! Help me Kyle? Kyle! Are you even hearing me? Help me man. Shit! I'm gonna die...."

It had been nearly thirty minutes since the pleas for life had started, making my ears almost bleed. And it looked like they were in no way of stopping any time soon.

I sighed taking a glance at the source of the chaos. As much as it got on my nerves to see Prem sprawled out on the floor screaming on top of his lungs cursing a mile a minute at the screen, it also spread a bit of warmth in my heart on seeing that all it required was just one goof to be his goofy self to bring back the spirit of another goof. Even if it was for one afternoon.

Seeing Jason laughing his ass off while trying to kill Prem's character in the game, temporarily forgetting about his broken heart made me smile as well. It had been three days since Jason's arrival in Thailand and this was the first time I saw him laugh out loud.

"Quick cover for me" Prem shouted, throwing a short urgent glare my way before gluing his eyes back to the screen and assaulting the game controller like a mad monkey. Before I could even pick up the controller in my hand which had been laying useless for sometime now, I heard a blood curdling cry with a loud explosion filling the screen before us.

"Great I am dead now. From the looks of it you are too. Nice job watching my back man" he said throwing away the controller and going as far as to fold his arms across his chest and pout. Now the big baby is officially sulking. I shook my head with a smile but not letting the moron see it, else he will make it a habit to sulk when he wants me to go along with his stupid plans.

"Don't I do enough of it in real life?" I said grouching at my so-called boss who never shies away from using his 'I-pay-your-bills-so-you-listen-to-me-card' just when he feels like it. That's the reason, when we are on a "sudden-unplanned-vacation" at a beautiful sea-facing resort at Krabi, we have our asses stapled to the living room playing video games, when we could very well be enjoying the beautiful seashore basking in the sunlight.

"That's how you do it lads. Now cough up the money", Jason beamed mimicking the explosion with his hands.

"Ughhh. Did we really bet on money I don't remember. Also, I don't think gambling is a right example to set for Nong Chaew", Prem said trying to escape from paying Jason when he was the who was so hyped about playing for money at the start and even doubled the stakes. Just shows how bad of a businessman he still is. Or just a stupid gambler as Arthit would say.

Speaking of my beautiful love dazed friend, I am yet to see him since we arrived. He was the one who proposed this sudden vacation. He called me the day before, just as i was about to start back home from the office and said we should go out on a trip since Jason is in Thailand. Honestly from the looks of how Kongpob and Arthit had yet to emerge from their bedroom since we arrived, I am starting to firmly believe that the guy was using it as another excuse for his never ending honeymoon phase with his 'crazy-in-love' boyfriend. They even left little Chaew with the boisterous bunch of us unattended.

"Says the guy who was cursing like a sailor a while ago forgetting there was a kid in the room" Jason threw back flipping the back of Prem's head.

"Ow. Where is Nong Chaew?" asked Prem looking around him and even checking under the cushions on the sofa. See, this is why I say they should never, I repeat NEVER, entrust anything with Prem let alone a little kid like Chaew. He would lose him in an instant and would be searching him at all the wrong places like his non-existant wits. Before I could whack him again on the back of his head with the cushion on my lap, Wad emerged from one of the rooms giving an exasperated sigh on seeing his husband climbing on top of the sofa. As soon as he saw Wad, a wide grin split Prem's face like he was entranced by the beautiful human before him. He almost fell off the sofa if not for Jason and I to catch his fall.