Chapter 1

New beginnings are supposed to be exciting.

Sure there would be some nervous anticipation about what to expect in a new place with new people. But you can't deny all the adrenaline rush heading to your brain at the mere expectation of what fun and adventure would await you at your brand new chapter of life.

Well, that's what I expected.

But I have never been that lucky in my life, have I? 

First, it was being dumped by my girlfriend of four years who I had considered the love of my life. Granted I have said my adieus to her a long time ago and I no more hold any residual feelings for her, it still had been a major blow to my mental health for a considerable period in my thirty years of life. I have expected to be bound to her in committed matrimony with two kids. It was every guy's definition of a happy family, only for that dream to crash and burn. Well not exactly, the dream did come true. At least in her case. The only exception is that the man in the picture was not me.

Second, it was when I was voted for by everyone at my law firm to be the next partner of Waltham and Grant. I was enthralled at the announcement and was so ready to fully soak in the fruits of my hard work for the past 7 years at the law firm. Just my luck, fates dumped a drunk hobo named Prem on my doorstep declaring himself as Arthit's best friend from six years ago. It was so not the right time for my best friend's ghosts from the past to make their dramatic entrance one by one. But who are we mere humans to decide on the people we meet in life or the situations that we meet them in? It's all decided by the man above who probably gets a sick thrill watching us humans make a fool out of ourselves thinking that we are the sole authority to write up how our life should proceed. It wouldn't even be a surprise if he was laughing at me while munching on some popcorn, as my career tumbled down the trash chute when I started to help Prem with his divorce. I mean against the divorce. Believe me, I don't regret helping him at all. It's just that my involvement in Prem's case came with a cost. I have been engrossed enough in the case with an eternally horny and equally disdainful jerk hot on my heels through the entire lawsuit that I hadn't realized my mind lagging to keep up with the other cases that I was supposed to work on parallel. I went through a hard time coming to terms with what exactly did my treacherous brain want to do with Mew. 

Anyways, Prem was still so much in love with his husband Wad and was loathing himself for the mistakes he had done in the past that had pushed his husband to file for a divorce. Then again who haven't made poor life choices?

Speaking of poor life choices I was honestly contemplating the one I have made recently. Starting from helping Prem to get back with his husband Wad to thinking that I could pull off one night stands like a pro. I should have learned my lesson at least after Maya. I was instantly attracted to her when I saw her at the bar. She did indulge me in a quite captivating conversation which led to a passionate night of more action. But all hell broke loose when a particular stunning human, who gave me a neck pain trying to meet his eyes which were a foot above me whenever I had to converse with him, stuck his nose in my peaceful life to turn it into a hot mess.

The third and most recent unlucky thing after giving in to my ever becoming habit of making bad life choices was to agree to become Prem's legal advisor and move to Thailand. I know what you guys are thinking. It had nothing to do with the hellish hunk who I had been rolling in the hay with. 

OK, fine. At least not entirely.

When Waltham and Grant played a cheap shot by scraping their earlier offer to make me partner I became furious. I quit the job the same day and I walked out of the meeting room but not before giving my middle finger to the asshole Michael who was the current big shot at Waltham and Grant. If Mew had unleashed the libido monster in me through his sexual prowess then Waltham and Grant had broken the cuff links I had on the bloodthirsty predator that lay dormant within me. Be informed, that I am not your fluffy bunny who farts rainbows and unicorns. Contrary to Arthit's belief that I would never hurt a fly, I do have a side in me which used to revel in sinking my vengeful claws into the flesh of people who had wronged me.