Teenagehood: Insecurities ( part 1)

Heyyyyy! How are you all doing today?  Today's discussion will be on a topic that an anonymous reader asked me to discuss. This is going to be a bonus &short chapter.
Shout-out to you Deeyah1 Tomilola _Grace RhodaKadri
Special Thanks to y'all for the comments and votes.
Please read the author's note at the end of this chapter

Are you ready?

Let's get started.............

Note that, this is a bonus update to shed more light on what will be discussed in the next  update.
The discussion will be based on insecurities, particularly teenage insecurities and social insecurities.
Like I said earlier on, this is to shed more insight in the next chapter so enjoy.

Insecurities is the feeling that you're not good a enough. Insecurities is the uncertainty or anxiety of oneself or lack of confidence.

There are different types of insecurities and there are :
a). Social insecurity
b). Professional insecurity
c).  Economic insecurity
d). Personal insecurity

What is social insecurity?

Social insecurity is the feeling of nervousness when around new people because you don't know what to say or how to say it. There is a difference between social insecurity and being introverted. People that are social insecured find it difficult to make new friends because of heightened anxiety they feel when around new people.

This type of insecurity manifests itself when around people, especially large group of people. People that are socially insecured feel like people are always looking, watching or gossiping about them. For example, they may be walking on the road and feel like all eyes are on them. These people don't like to be the center of attraction.

Many people suffer from social insecurity but we must understand that social insecurity is different from being an introvert.

Do you know that not all introverts are shy and not all shy people are introverts?
Not all socially insecured people are introverts and not all introverts are socially insecured.

This are some of things you will hopefully be discussed in the next chapter.

What is teenage insecurities?

Teenage insecurities is one thing that teenagers face. Overcoming self-doubt is one of the things that shapes us into becoming better adult in future.

Why do teenagers feel insecured?
-being rejected&alone
-not part of the popular crew
-failing to achieve something
-making mistakes
-not good enough for mom&dad
-having bad grades

All these above and many more are what can cause a teenager to be insecured.

The thing about people with insecurities is that they feel like they are the one that's  insecured.

Thomas Ferris once said :
"If you're insecured, guess what?
The rest of the world is too, so don't overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself."

There are lots of people that are insecured. People that you don't even expect to be may be insecured. Maybe it's the popular boy in school or the class bully or anyone someone that you feel like they have no reason to be.

Why don't you know that they are insecured, why is it not obvious?

Sometimes most of these people that you feel like they're smiling or that are always funny or perhaps they have everything you've ever wanted, they hide all their pains behind a smile. They make it obvious that they are okay while slowly they are dying inside.

Like a popular phrase says "not all that glitters is gold". The fact that something is okay on the outside does not mean that it is okay in the inside.
Sometimes, it's a facade. They cover it all with a smile making people believe that they are okay.

If you're insecured, one of the things you can do is to talk with someone. Talk to someone who can help you. Don't keep it all to yourself because in the end, you're only hurting yourself more. If insecurity is not managed well then it may persist into adulthood.

Let's take for instance, if you're insecure about your height and then your friends makes a harmless joke concerning it.
You feel bad and offended but still you can't say anything because then they will know your insecurity and you feel like they'll laugh about it. Therefore, you join them in laughing meanwhile, inside you, you're pained, angry or upset. You join them to laugh but every laugh feels like a stab in your chest.

What are the causes of insecurity.

- low self esteem
- traumatic events
- body image
- violence
- Abuse
-comparing yourself with others
- fear and failure

"Insecurities have the ability to shape and mould our minds to live with everyone that's bad like crying on the inside, while smiling on the outside, this creating pain but alas, I've the answer, forget about what you thought and enjoy (embrace)  what you feel"
_ Jeremy Aldana

"The enemy uses those things that you're insecure about. Free yourself and take your power back by being secure in who you are....flaws and all."

Today's discussion will stop here
The next chapter would be a continuation. Like I earlier said, this is to shed insight into the next chapter. Watch out for the next chapter

Someone nominated this book under best non-fiction in the Nigerian Reader's Choice award, if you think that this book deserve it,then please nominate.

I hope y'all enjoyed today's talk
If there's any questions, contributions or anything that's not clear, feel free to state in the comment section.

If you have any questions you'd like
answered/featured send it as a private message to Mopelzy23

Show your girl some love
Till next time 😘

Source : google