2

"What the heck Y/n?!" The gym teacher said as you slowly climbed up the rope. "Your my fastest climber!" He yelled, you then tried a fake yawn.

"I didn't get much sleep sir." You said, he sighed.

"I'll let it slip because your the only one, besides Palchuck, who calls me that." He said and walked off, you sighed in relief and then groaned when you saw Toby on the ground of the mat. But then you smirked to see that Jim was talking to Claire who was siting next to her friends. But for some reason, you felt hurt inside.

"Maybe pranking the trolls after school will make me feel better." You said and kept on climbing until the end of class, in hopes of getting it off your mind. Once you got done changing, you went to your locker to leave all but your skate board and helmet in the locker. You hummed a melody as you skated through the halls.

"No running!" A teacher yelled, you technically weren't running so you ignored her. You kept on humming the song until you made it outside.

"Tell me again, dweeb-face." You heard the school bully, Steve Palchuck say, you turned to his direction and groaned when you saw Jim walk towards them as Steve elbowed the locker door. "Tell me about the creatures and maybe, I'll let you out!" Steve said as he pushed his hands agaisnt the door.

"Another Eli attack?" You asked as you skated to Toby, he nodded with fear.

"Or you can let him out fight now." Jim said, Steve turned to glare at him. "I mean, you know, it would be nice." Jim said as once again all of his confidence was zapped away.

"Nice would you minding your own business." Steve said as he pointed at Jim, you couldn't help but get a tad bit closer.

"Oh, hi Jim!" Eli said inside the locker before it was punched to keep him silent. You lightly balled your fist.

"So where we?" Steve said as he thought aloud. "Um, oh, yeah, okay. You were telling me about the monsters you saw this morning, with fangs and..." He paused as you started to get scared while Jim was confused. "What was it again?" Steve asked as he punched the door to get Eli to talk again.

"Stone for skin!" Eli yelled in fear. "In the Canals!" Your whole body became paralyzed.

"Stone for skin!" Steve said and started laughing. "Man, Eli, you got some imagination bud!" He said as Jim set his bike down.

"Look, Steve, seriously, just let him out." Jim said, Steve glared at Jim as he walked up to him and grabbed Jim by his shirt.

"Or you'll do what?" Steve said as he readied his fist.

"Okay, do it! Punch me." Jim said, Toby pushed his way into the crowd while grabbing your hand while everyone but you gasped, you were to busy to understand what was just said, Steve scoffed.

"Your asking for a beating?" Steve said as if this was some kind of sick joke.

"Yeah, just go crazy." Jim said as he glared at Steve, another wave of gasped were heard as a crowd started to form. "But in 20 years, you're gonna be fat and bald and you'll be working in a muffler shop," Jim said as Steve looked around before looking at Jim again. "And Eli will have a career in software and he'll be a billionaire." Jim said as he moved his head to the locker that Eli was still stuck in.

"I do like computers!" Eli said, before the locker was punched again.

"Let him out!" Toby said as he looked around, he chanted the same thing again and soon enough everyone but you started chanting, Steve growled and aimed his fist at Jim's face.

"Palchuck!" The gym teacher yelled as he slammed open the door, Steve immediately let Jim go and everyone was silent again. "What's going on out here?!" He yelled.

"Uh, nothing sir." Palchuck said as if he was as innocent as a kid could be.

"Why aren't you at practice?!" The gym teacher yelled, you blinked open your eyes and started walking away from the crowd.

"Y/n?" Toby asked, you were already skating off down the road. You tried to keep going faster and faster until you hit a rock and started falling onto the ground. You groaned as you sat up and looked at your knees to see the were just a bit scratched up.

"Y/n!" Someone yelled behind you, you turned to see it was Jim and Toby biking behind you, you got up and grabbed your board. "You okay?" Jim asked, you smirked a little.

"Just a bit banged up. Nothing I'm sure will compare to when Steve is going to fight you." You said, Jim groaned. "I could fight him for you." You said, Jim laughed slightly.

"No, i'm just gonna avoid him the best I can. Not sure coach is gonna make it easy on me when we go back to gym." He said, you and Toby snickered. "We should get going, see you tomorrow." Jim said as him and Toby biked away, you waved to them before sighing  and look ahead to see the canals, your looked around and ran into a forest to hide your things until you turned into your dragon form.

You peeked your head out of the small huddle of trees and looked left and right to make sure no one was around before running down the canals and saw the giant pile of rocks. You used your head to move around the rocks until you found one piece that seemed to hold something round. You sighed and started to use your fire to burn a circle around the pile of rocks.

You didn't know why you were doing this but it seemed right. Once the circle was done, you bowed infront of the rocks before looking at it one more time and flying off. You took a deep breath as you felt the cold air agaisnt your wings.Nothing could ruin this moment. Well maybe the fact of who she's suppose to be hunted by might.