Arc 2.6 - Fourth Capture Target

Editor : Galaxy723

"Yeah, no."

At this point of time he heard his mother's faint whispers, the balcony wasn't that noisy afterall. He looked down and saw she was talking to a bald fat man, looking like typical villains. The man wearing black wanted to say more, but Leopold hushed the man. He wanted to hear what they were talking about.

The man tacitly agreed and kept his silence. 

"You!? Why are you searching for me again, didn't I gave you some gold a few days ago?!!" Elizabeth was clearly angry, Leopold connected the dots in his brain. Ah, so this is the reason why she said she'll safekeep his gold for him.

"Hey, don't get angry with me. I'm the one who's threatening you now, what will people say when they find out that the duke's wife had a rendezvous with another nobleman? On top of that, having a child with him, Ha!"

Leopold widened his eyes, this wasn't mentioned in the plot. It seems that there's also a presence of an illegitimate child in the family. This could actually be a very good reason for Leopold to kick her out the Greymont's house.

"…how much more do you want? Swear to me that this is our last deal!" 

"Yeah, yeah…what about 4 chests full? I'll be waiting for the chests in the morning, make sure to send it to the address we agreed on."

Elizabeth left quickly while the bald man was laughing, having a lecherous smile in his face. The bald man got into the mansion after he had finished laughing.

The man standing beside Leopold knew of his situation now, who doesn't know the duke's troublesome son, Leopold? Elizabeth is also very recognisable because of her ethereal face. He just wasn't noticed at the banquet because he was standing in a dark corner.

"Do you want to strike a deal?" The man then revealed his face, he was the fourth male lead and the hardest capture target! He is the mysterious grand wizard, Simon.

The reason why it is so hard to catch him is because he's just a full-on yandere, ah. Whenever the heroine even slightly talked with other people, he'll get angry and lock her up in a black room. But if she gets locked up too much Simon would soon be bored with her, leaving her alone starving to death.

But the thing is you could not beat the game without talking to people! Hence, making it the hardest route ever!

This is the most powerful and influential character in the game, Leopold was scared silly, how did he meet the boss in the banquet! To add to that he also talked rudely with him! He's done. He's going to die!!!

"What kind of deal…?" Leopold hid his fear, hoping that Simon wouldn't notice his thoughts.

"Hmm, what if I'll help you to get rid of your parents, in exchange…for your body."

Wait, okay. How did Simon know that he wanted to get rid of his parents!! Ah, it must be mind reading magic, if that's the case then he must've read his mind now too!!!

Leopold reacted slowly but then he realized what Simon said, his face as red as a tomato, "My…body? I'm not a prostitute!!"

Simon's face got dark and he said, "I meant for you to be my magic assistant, peasant. Not for sexual reasons, how dirty your mind is. I'm also not interested in kids. I'm not a pedophile."

"But I haven't even presented my magic yet, what do you mean assistant!?" 

"You see I have quite a powerful ability…and I can sense yours. You have a speck of mana I recognize so well. It's a very rare power."

…was he wrong to practice his magic a bit a few days before the banquet? If he didn't he wouldn't have pulled this big boss over.

Leopold thought about it for a while, if he accepted his mission will go so much more easier, plus he is also only living temporarily in this world, so this deal is a huge benefit.

"…deal. As long as I'm not used as a test subject, I'll agree."

"I'm glad you at least have a smart brain to accept this beneficial offer, differing of what the rumours had said about you."

"Why do you need an assistant anyways? Aren't you strong enough by yourself, mister. Also, what's your name?"

"Call me…Simon. I just wanted to be more relaxed when studying magic you see, maintaining a whole tower by myself is a rigorous daily task." Simon snapped his fingers and then a paper with a feather pen appeared.

"Sign it. Both parties won't be able to go back on their own words once they sign this paper."

Leopold took the feather and signed his name onto it, the paper gave off a golden glow and disappeared, an inconspicuous mark appearing on the palm of his left hand.

"Well I want you to get rid of my mother first, she's an annoying dog. Please reveal her about her illegitimate child and get her kicked out of the family." Leopold said bluntly, not caring if anyone heard his sentence.

Simon wondered a bit, "Well how do you want me to get her kicked out? Do you want to torture her?"

"Just bribe the bald man, ah. He's clearly very greedy, he'll reveal the information if you pay a hefty sum of gold. I assume you could get the gold back if you wanted to."

"…sure." Simon didn't expect an eleven year old kid would be able to think up such a devious plan, never mind that, how did the kid knew the word prostitute!?

"I'll do as you say as long as you clean my tower for a month, tomorrow you're in to watch a great family drama. Starting tomorrow also, you will help me out in the magic tower, you don't need to go to school anymore, I know the headmaster there. He'll agree to my wishes."

Leopold was in great joy he didn't have to go to school anymore, but what about his plan to match off Layla and Xavier!? He then quickly thought up a plan, saying to Simon, "Hey if you could, please don't give my family any explanation of why I don't go to classes anymore."

Simon didn't know why the boy wanted this but he agreed.

Leopold couldn't wait to see the spectacular performance tomorrow.