14: Never Leaving

Start from the beginning

She was taking too long, so in my anger, I smashed the kitchen table and chairs.

"Now, Izza," I shouted again. I didn't care that her friends had no clue who Izza was. I would tell the whole world the truth about my lie if I got to keep her. I will tell the whole world if I get to keep her. "What is going on. Are you leaving me? Don't do this to us. Please." I cried out as she walked into the room. I took this moment to wrapped myself around her and gulp in her scent as if I needed it to live. I do need it to live.

She attempted to pull away, but I kept my grip like steal around her. "We talked about this yesterday, Dev. I need some space. I can't do this anymore. I love you Dev, but I can't continue to be the fool."

"Last night though." Last night you were mine. I was so happy.

"I was drunk, you were horny. That is the only time you pay me any attention. Is when you have an itch no one else can scratch. You don't want a mate remember. I do. It rings through my head every time I see you. I see you with all your little blonde bitches, trying to fill a hole that only I can fill, but you never wanted me. You only wanted my body. Well, you have had it. I hope you got your fill last night because it's the last time you will ever touch me like that again. I told you I was through and I mean it. Release me, so I can go." Her voice got angrier as she spoke until she ended in her Luna tone. She's my Luna, she can't leave me.

I let go of her and stepped back. "I really have fucked everything up haven't I?" I barely whispered back.

"Yes Dev, you fucked everything up from the moment we met. I should have done this three years ago. I may have saved myself a lot of tears, pain, and regret. Last night was a... A... Goodbye."

I couldn't take it. The reality is that this was all my fault. That I could have been happy all along, but I was too much of a man whore to listen to what everyone told me. Jax told me she would make me complete. He was right, and without her, I would never feel whole. Dex took this moment to take over and picked up the ten-foot-long kitchen island and threw it through the glass doors that lead out to the pool, "Fine go. If that's what will make you happy." I then stormed off up the stairs.

If I love her I have to let her go. If she comes back to me then she is truly mine. I repeated this over and over in my head. I had calmed down and wanted to apologize. Tell her that I didn't want this but I would do anything to make her happy.

When I reentered the kitchen I found her in the arms of Doctor Gabe and lost my shit all over again.

The growl that escaped me sounded more like an animal caught in a bear trap. I pulled Izza from Gabe's embrace and pressed her into the kitchen wall. My hands digging into the brick next to her as if it were made of sand. "Is this what you want to be free for. So you can fuck another man. So you can fuck him. I will murder him if he even looks at you again. Gabe, get out of my house now. Izza no longer works for you." I wasn't trying to hurt her, but I'm sharing Dex's power right now. I need to calm down I'm panting and trying to use her scent but I'm so pissed it's not working.

"NO!" Izza shouted back. "I'm leaving Alpha. If I were ever to decide to move on I would be a lucky woman to have someone that cares for me as much as he does. Lord knows I never got that from the one person who was supposed to."

I will kill him or anyone else that ever tries. With that thought, I turned away from her and hit Gabe square in the jaw as hard as Dex and I could. Gabe collapsed into a pile on the floor. My mate attempted to run to Gabe, but I grabbed her and held her still. "You are mine no one else will ever have you."

"You are a monster. I hate you. Why can't you just leave me alone, let me live, free me. Please." A tear ran freely down her face as she said this.