☁️Mirio Togata x Reader: Balloons

*Art not mine*

This one-shot doesn't specify gender so it's for everyone.

This takes place on Mirio's birthday.
Mirio caught you setting up for his party (don't worry it wasn't a suprise or anything) and he wanted to help out.

Your POV

"Mirio you dont need to help me," you told him again as you hung up the party streamers.

"But I want to! No, I need to help you!" He smiled.

"Fine, you can blow up the balloons." You sighed and pointed across the room to where the bag of deflated balloons were.

He gave you a thumbs up, winking at you.

"You got it babe!" He said before running off.

You chuckled at his eagerness to help out, even though it was his party.

You finished hanging up the decorations and went to see how Mirio was doing.

When you saw him you blinked a few times, suprised. He was blowing up the balloons himself, with his mouth. You looked to the helium tank that you bought, and then back to him.

"Ummm Mirio?" You asked confused. He looked up at you.

"What?" He tilted his head.

"Erm... I meant blow them up with helium..." I pointed towards the tank. He looked to where I pointed and his eyes widened, a blush spreading across his face.

"I-I knew that..." he stuttered looking down.

You looked at his face. He had a severe blush across his cheeks, he was still looking at the floor, he looked pretty embarrassed.

"Aw baby," you walked over to him and hugged him.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed," you said, pulling away from him.

He laughed a bit, still embarrassed.

You went over to the helium tank and blew up a balloon with it. Then you took the balloon and sucked the helium out of it completely.

He looked at you confused.

"Hello!!!" You said, the helium making your voice really high pitched and silly. He laughed a bit.

You continued to spend the next 30 minutes making him laugh by telling jokes using the helium to distort your voice. Eventually he joined in and you two laughed together at each others voice.

"Uhhh guys?" You heard Neijire say. You and Mirio turned to see Amajiki and Neijire at the door, holding a cake box and a few bags of chips.

"Umm..." you both said, then turned to each other and bursted out laughing.

Soon Amajiki and Neijire started laughing too, you're voices catching them off guard.

So you guys finished with the balloons and the party started.

After the party and everyone went home, you were washing the dishes since you forgot to buy paper plates.

You felt a pair of arms hug you from behind.

"Hey (Y/N)?" You heard Mirio ask, him placing his chin on your shoulder. (He'd have to bend a long ways down for me lmao I'm short)

"Yeah?" You asked turning your head towards him, blushing when your faces were only a couple inches apart.

"Let me help you." He said.

You shot him a warning glance.

"It's your birthday, no way." You shot down his idea and continued to scrub the plate.

"But since it's my birthday I should get to do what I want, right? Well I want to help you!" He grinned. You sighed and nodded, taking a step to the side so there was space for both of you to clean.

"Only if you promise that after you take it easy." You offered. He nodded eagerly, taking another cloth from the cupboard.

When you two finished you dragged him upstairs and forced him to lay down.

"Now, r e l a x." You stated.

"Can we cuddle?" He gave you puppy dog eyes, pouting.

You smiled and nodded, getting under the covers next to him.

He immediately scooted closer to you and wrapped his arms around your smaller form.

"I love you (Y/N)." He said closing his eyes.

"I love you too Mirio," you let out a happy sigh and kissed his cheek once before snuggling into his side.

"Happy birthday,"

680 words
Happy birthday Mirioooooo