Chapter Sixty-one

"I'm glad he has a girlfriend. I'm the boys old man. Look I know he's still there, I don't know if he's told you about me, but I need him to know I'm sick, docs say I have two months at most I ne-" 

Tom all of a sudden moved, he grabbed the phone, still resting on my tummy, quickly hit the end call button and then threw the phone across the room, it crashed against the wall, then landed heavily on the floor with a loud thud. 

I jumped, both at the movement and then again at the sound of the phone hitting solid surfaces.  

He lunged up and over me without a word, straight to his door and slammed it behind him.  

I scrambled out of bed and quickly opened the door, just in time to see the bathroom door slamming behind him. 

Sky flew out of my room and came to nudge my legs, clearly worried something had happened, I laced my fingers in her fur to reassure her, still looking at the bathroom door. 

Andrew and Jade opened their door, both bleary eyed and walked out into the hall, worried expressions on both their faces. 

I looked at them wide eyes, Jade rushed towards me, grabbing my hand that wasn't in Sky's fur,
"What's happened, are you ok?" She asked, clearly panicked.

"I'm fine, it was Tom." I breathed, worried he'd get mad if he heard us talking about him. 

"What did he do?" Andrew asked, he'd moved towards us and held onto Jade's shoulders, he made her look so small. 

I didn't know how to explain what had happened. 

Tom hadn't told them about his dad, he'd barely told me about his dad, and he really wouldn't want them knowing. 

I didn't know what to say without lying to them and it wasn't my place to make the decision for Tom about telling them. 

I wouldn't have told them about my parents if it hadn't had been for Malik. 

I knew I had to say something, "He got this really weird phone call, and he got so mad, he threw his phone at the wall and stormed into the bathroom." I shook my head. 

"Phone call from who at this time?" Drew frowned. 

"I don't know." I lied and turned to look back at the bathroom door, unable to meet their eyes as I lied. 

"Do you want me to talk to him?" Jade asked, sounding unsure. 

Tom and Jade were close, he used to spend hours talking to her in his room, I hadn't known at the time but it was about me, but he'd entrusted her with that. 

I didn't think he could explain this one, and I didn't want to have to make him lie on top of everything else. 

"It's ok, I've got it." I smiled gently at her. Andrew squeezed her shoulders and started to move her back. 

"Let us know if you need us." She said as she let Drew lead her back to their room. She still sounded worried. 

Probably worried about my ability to handle anyone else's problems on top of my own nutty head. I didn't blame her, I had no idea what to say to him. 

I clicked at Sky, pointed into Tom's bedroom and flattened my hand, she immediately curled up on his rug. 

I sighed before walking towards the bathroom. 

I pressed my ear to the door for a few seconds, I couldn't hear anything, I didn't know if I should knock or try the door. 

He hadn't seemed in the mood for talk so I decided just to try the door.