23 - The Farce in Xuyin (2)

- Qing Youya -

I was embraced inside Ren Xiu's arms when the voice introduced itself. It was a voice i unexpectedly missed, the husky and playful, yet bloodthirsty and filled with sarcasm, it's Xie Hei's voice.

The moment Xie Hei materialize his massive figure and displayed his hazy amber eyes, it triggered some nostalgic sense inside me. I was also overjoyed, because if he's here, then there's no mistake that the artifact should also be here.

"Guardian man eating wolf?" Baili Haoyue furrowed his brows in contemplation, eyeing Xie Hei's towering 5 meter figure from head to toe, "... We are sorry if we happen to disturb you or trespass your territory, however we didn't take anything from this place, which means we didn't take anything you're supposed to guard here," his voice was firm, showing no slightest form of fear in front of an intimidating massive black growling wolf.

Still with his smirk, Xie Hei replied, "And so i should let you all go safely while waving my paws in melancholy like a mom seeing off her son on his journey?"

Xie Hei have never been an easy opponent to deal with as he loves making fun of people. Fortunately it was the quite loose Baili Haoyue who negotiate with him. Because despite provoking people to their limits, Xie Hei never actually started a fight himself as he always waited for the other side to attack first, it have always been a battle of patience with him. If it was brother Rui who faced him, he definitely would snap in 3 seconds and things would get troublesome and awry.

"Well if you don't mind we would love you to do so," Baili Haoyue plastered a slightly faltered smile, presumably not expecting Xie Hei's demeaning personality.

Chuckling lowly, Xie Hei sat down and began to lick his paw like a cat, "Unfortunately i'm not a human, nor am i ugly, nor am i fucking with three of my neighbor or the house's guard, hence i am not cut out to be your mother! I am a guardian wolf, it's my job, once you trespass here i can't afford to slack right? Don't blame me or your insufficient chicken level strength please."

The corner of Baili Haoyue's smiling lips twitched, "If being a guardian wolf is your job, then you surely can change it right?"

"Well it kind of have some contract system which i cannot defy till the original agreement is met, i can change my job after this thing is done but it's definitely not now unfortunately, sorry to give you slight hope only to crush it like that girl you used to like young man," Xie Hei drooped his eyes, acting depressed while enjoying his goading wordplay.

Unexpectedly Baili Haoyue flinched at those words,"... The girls i like all likes me as well," and he finally got goaded. I couldn't believe how Baili Haoyue was shallow enough to actually place his pride on such a frivolous thing.

"Pfft, even that girl you were holding just now didn't skip the slightest beat, and you are still unfazed enough to declare how no girls dislikes you because you are the self proclaimed oh-so-charming that could overthrow countries with your excessive hard gained beauty? Young man if overconfidence could be traded for gold then even a quarter of yours could buy me seven palaces," Xie Hei chuckled in joy.

The arms that were wrapped around me slightly trembled, i shifted a glance towards Ren Xiu's face to check if she was scared. However contrary to my expectation, her face was evidently saying how she barely managed to restrain her laughter. Previously she was definitely apprehensive as she shielded me right away after the voice sounded, however she is currently clearly far more calmer. I was impressed at how fast such a frail woman regained her original composure in front of a giant wolf. Maybe this madman simply underestimated Xie Hei due to her inability to feel nor gauge out Xie Hei's amount of spiritual power, because even Baili Haoyue couldn't afford to start a fight recklessly and be left unscathed.