19 - Rest Area (4)

"Sir, give me two stick of candy please," after coughing and laughing, Yamato trotted up towards the nearest hawthorn candy seller.

The old tousled man selling candies was already stunned the moment he saw a pure white fluttering figure approached him, he immediately woke from his stupor after the gorgeously ethereal lady talked, "O-oh, right right, here you go esteemed lady cultivator!" he handed Ren Xiu two sticks of candy.

Yamato was a bit surprised as he giggled, he took the candy and gave the money, he also didn't refute after being called a cultivator, "Thank you."

He arrived a few seconds earlier beside Qing Youya before Baili Haoyue.

"Your highness! Where did you go? This general was worried that he lost you!" Baili Haoyue blurted a second after founding Ren Xiu and Qing Youya, he looked upset and agitated.

"We were buying candies! Here your highness, one for you," Yamato answered as a matter of factly, looking all casual and unperturbed while he handed Qing Youya a hawthorn candy stick.

Baili Haoyue didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

".. Thank you sister-in-law," Qing Youya cooperated. He quite liked how Ren Xiu excelled in comporting herself naturally, although just a few seconds ago she was laughing and coughing at Baili Haoyue.

From afar, they saw how Fang Baihe were surrounded by three alluring beauty. Those beauties conversed while giggling coquettishly, flexing their ravishing elegant charm with enticing eyes in a somewhat obscured focus. They were clearly seducing Fang Baihe in a way people would just regard as a courtesan's natural trait. After all Fang Baihe were their lord's wife, one couldn't seduce her in broad daylight.

One meter from Fang Baihe stood Qiong Fu, smiling meaningfully while playing with her own hair beside her cheek.

After strolling together with the concubines, perceptive as he was, Yamato actually noticed Qiong Fu's odd behavior. He realized how Qiong Fu never had her eyes on the scenery, she only looked at people or the ground. However Yamato only conceive it as her boredom of looking at the same thing for years.

"Oh.. Esteemed lady cultivator, this old lady may be rude but you smells really pleasant!" a strolling hunchbacked old lady suddenly spoke up to Ren Xiu, again mistaking her as an immortal.

Yamato shifted to her and bowed slightly to answer, "Thank you very much for the praise madam, maybe it's because my perfume pouch consist less of medicinal herbs and more of my selected flowers!"

"My! No wonder!"

They laughed, however then the face of the old lady sank, and she heaved a sigh.

"Several years ago, there was a florist here, she sells flowers and tended people's garden.. Actually, you smells like her lady, she always smelled like flowers.."

"Oh.. Where did she go?"

The old lady sighed, "She was found murdered just three months ago after being lost for three years.."

Wasn't expecting such suddenly brutal answer, Yamato widened his eyes in surprise. Qing Youya who always has his ears perked up, listened more carefully on the topic along with Baili Haoyue.

"Could you please tell us the detail madam?" Baili Haoyue asked politely. He was assigned to protect royalties in this journey, thus it was his obligation to find out any possible danger.

The old lady trotted towards a nearby food stall, sitting on one of its bench under the shade followed by Yamato and company. Yamato were ordering a pot of tea when the lady started talking.