30 - the demonic knowledge

Yamato let himself get dragged by Qing Youya towards the red monoliths.

"Something is carved on it.." Qing Youya carefully felt the surface of the center monolith.

The small hand wrapped in his grip felt somehow fragile and soft, magnificently distracting Yamato as he spaced out, "Huh? Ah! Oh.. yes, something's written on it," he quickly regained his composure as he scrutinized the shallow carvings on the monolith which were obscured by the dim lightings.

However Qing Youya beat him to it, "It said, 'Those who seek the means to attain the power of the eye, those who has no fear of the scorching flame of retribution, i shall bequeath upon you my knowledge.' But, there's nothing more written?"

"Hmm.. Well, it's only natural how a knowledge that invites retribution won't be so conspicuously written on this boulder."

"Then, there should be some kind of hidden storage or a switch to trigger something.." Qing Youya tilted his head.

"Maybe it's inside the other two boulder? Anyway we don't have to know do we? Or.. do you perhaps need a power that invites retribution?" Yamato casually inquired with a smile on his face.

Qing Youya spared Yamato a glance, "Hmm.. i don't need such power but, aren't sister-in-law curious?" Displaying a smile which was an intriguing combination of calm composure and childish mischief, Qing Youya gently asked back.

The display strike Yamato's heart at a point blank shot, he full well knew the boy was trying to strip him off of clear judgement, however the way the boy acts really rendered him helpless. He involuntarily felt like spoiling the boy rotten and replying 'yes' to anything he requests. This little devil, however Yamato clenched his other free hand and painstakingly withstood the urge to play along, "I guess i am curious, but i'm keeping my curiosity in a limit where it won't kill me, because we don't have Haoyue-ge with us now."

"I see, that's wise. However sister-in-law, if you take the details of the words, it only said that it would bequeath the knowledge of how to get the power, not the artifact itself. Also, retribution is the means of life and god itself to pass down judgement upon ones criminal act, by choosing that word it means that the person who wrote on this monolith is probably not the one giving it, and thus we could take it as.. as long as we don't use the knowledge for a sinful act, we won't get any retribution or be harmed here in any way, isn't that right?" Though the smile of mischief still adorned his lips, the word he uttered was very convincing and logical.

Yamato gulped while nervously smiling towards the boy, "Are you really that curious?"

"I am."

Heaving a helpless sigh, Yamato patted the head of the boy with a bit of force, "Alright then," he eventually surrendered as he knew from the beginning that he was incapable of refusing Qing Youya if the boy pushed even a bit, "If we die, we die together!"

Qing Youya remembered how he had previously freaked out, he remembered feeling relieved at the words Ren Xiu uttered when he was extremely nauseous. However now that he is in a calm state of mind, the words caused no ripple whatsoever within him, it brought no relief, no joy, nor irritation, hence he just plastered his usual fake smile, "Yes, thank you sister-in-law."

Without needing any command from anyone, the both of them started to inspect the three red monolith from every angle. However even after circling the monolith several times, there was nothing new to discover of the stone, puzzling the both of them.

With caution, Yamato tried to feel the surface of the monolith with his palm, and yet there's still nothing out of the ordinary.

Yamato chuckled helplessly towards Qing Youya, "What do you suggest now your highness?"