1 - Poor Poor Wife

Yamato sat there alone, on the wide red victorian sofa inside his room. Immediately longing for the lingering scent and warmth from his beloved person he had just sent off. His feelings was complicated, a mix of heart wrenching bitterness and relieve.

He really didn't want to do it, but he had to. He had to let go of his love for one sole purpose, for her happiness. For her to fight for the love of her life. For Yuuki. For that guy who loved her as much. For all those things which possess no slightest benefit on his side, he had to surrender.

Yamato always looked carefree, a bit gaudy, but easy-going and dependable. However behind all those contented facade, he was very lonely. Only that girl capable of cleaving apart those facade and found his deep hidden weakness. Only that girl would act tough when he was weak. Only that girl would comfort his miserable side. However he was too late when he found out that he was attached to her warmth. It was too late. Her heart already belongs to other person. He was too late.

He indulged his heartbroken self. At least he would be allowed to shed one two drops of tear wouldn't he? At least he would be allowed to crouch in his bed and wept in his heart for two days wouldn't he?

For god sake i want to hold her.

And thus he fell asleep.

***

In another world-

An Xiao's chest was heaving up and down heavily. Sweat was drenching her lying limp petite body, damping her clothes. Her complexion was pale as sheet, and her sweet soft brows furrowed with no break.

Crown prince Qing Rui was overly distressed at her sight. He was dying to hold her then wish for her pain to be placed upon him instead. He could only caress her small face gently and trust her well being to the imperial physician.

A very rare restless expression was revealed on his graceful face, making everyone felt distress on his place.

After checking her pulse and looking at her symptoms, the physician declared, "It's poison, probably in the tea.. I recall there is an antidote for this in the palace treasury."

"Immediately go fetch all the antidote in the treasury! i will hold all responsibility! Hurry!" panick could be heard loud and clear, as though it was himself who were dying. Everyone knew the prince liked this girl, but no one realized it was to this extent.

The physician leads some servants and immediately scurried out, leaving the prince to hold his beloved limp hands.

An Xiao opened her eyes, still in frown. "Your highness.."

"Yes, yes, i'm here, i'm here, are you hurt?? what is it that you need??" he held her hands and closed their distance, feeling a bit relieved but still in panick nonetheless.

An Xiao rummaged her pocket weakly and took out a small folded paper. "Could i bother his highness to feed me this pain killer?" she muster every ounce of her strength to squeeze a little assuring smile.

Qing Rui's heart squeezed in distress. He fed the pain killer to An Xiao and he tried to calm himself when An Xiao fell asleep.

He stormed out of the room and found the figure of Ren Xiu, his legal wife.

"Your highness, how is she doing? Is she alright??" Ren Xiu plastered a worried face with a sweet intoxicating voice.

Instead of an answer, she got a hard slap to her face that she fell on her butt.

Qing Rui looked at her like he was looking at a dead person, if eyes could kill then Ren Xiu would already be dead a thousand times. "I know you poison her" his voice was as cold as though ice were made with his every breath.