Chapter Twenty-Six Onward to the Next Mission!

April 30th, 2:21 PM

⠀⠀⠀⠀I glanced at a clock and noticed that the meeting had lasted nearly six hours now. Then I opened a pocket calendar book and scratched out a date. I grinned knowing there were only sixty days left until the Chūnin Exams, then looked up to the man in front of me. "Unless I'm called on a mission by my Hokage, I don't have anything planned in my schedule." I looked up at the other people in the room with me. "So if this has to take all day—I'm willing."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I still can't believe 'she' is the investor we were told about," a man to my right muttered.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Quiet, she can hear you," an older man scolded him. He then cleared his throat. "Now, Hikigaeru-sama. Your Otōsan already went over the documentation—"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes, I have read over the documents here," I lifted up the papers I had been handed moments before.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He nodded, and continued without skipping a beat, "So all we need is for you to sign the check, sign the documentation, and then we may accept your investment."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"About that. I have several questions I'd like to go over, along with a bit of this investment contract that I'd like to change. Along with a few details that you all seemed to forget… In addition, I have a statement I'd like to bring up regarding my Otōsan." I gestured to a toad next to me who scribbled on a scroll that never seemed to end. "First; everything in this meeting will be recorded and sent off to him for his approval." Several of the men in the room paid the little toad any mind, and just looked at me. "Second, the details I'd like to bring up is in regards to the outfit the main actor will be wearing.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's described as a short dark-orange combat kimono. Shows off her legs, and comes one-third of the way down her thigh. I asked my Otōsan to provide me with a detailed description of the thing so it wouldn't get messed up. You lot," I pointed at the men to my right, "decided to make it blue, for some damn reason. Even though Isako wears orange. I know full well that it's not a good color for a ninja, but as a Kunoichi that runs around with a kid that wears orange at all times, I know for a fact that color does not mean a damn thing if you're good enough. Fix it, along with the rest of the outfit changes. It should be black on orange, with a white short skirt, and black sandals.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's simple, and don't get me started on those earrings you all mocked up. They're uglier than shit on a stick!" I took a deep breath, and retook my composure, "Now, regarding what I'd like to change in my agreement." I lifted up the same set of documents handed to me. "It's very simple. Unlike other documentation when investments come up, you all seemed to add the fact that I can't be apart of the oversight committee." Now the oldest of the men glared, and I dropped the papers back on the table. "Snear all you want, Takemitsu-sama. I'd call you a child, but clearly, the child in the room is acting more professional than you."

⠀⠀⠀⠀The man's face went red, but I continued my arguments. "Place me on the Oversight Committee for the movie. This is non-negotiable. If I need to, I will buy out your other investors to do so, just to spite you, and force my way into the position." I then took a seat and glanced at everyone in the room.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Kakashi Sensei, who stood by the door as my guardian, held his composure better than everyone, yet his chakra was as wild as the time I had given him Papa's book. Takemitsu, the publisher of the movie, continued to glare, but a young man beside him leaned forward and whispered into his ear. Both the toad beside me and I still heard what he said, even if he was speaking quietly, "Relax sir. He is Jiraiya's daughter. Just take her money, accept the changes, and she'll be out of her hair. By law, she's not allowed on set due to the nudity and her age. We'll never have to worry about her."