Chapter Five Papa

⠀Papa's chakra felt seasoned. It was like soy sauce, only there was a hint of pepper, garlic, onions, and tomatoes. The concoction of flavors reminded me of a smoker grill and the flavor of meat that sat in it for hours. Not to mention, it was strong. Stronger than Hiruzen's. After I introduced myself, the sensation I got from him turned sour, but it was still welcoming and grew denser with each passing moment.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?" He muttered, looking to the old man that was his Sensei.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"She's your daughter, Jiraiya."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What? You can't be serious."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I must congratulate you. You finally did it." Hiruzen continued, pulling out a document, and I noticed my name on it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Look, I know I sleep around but come on. You know I use a seal to stop myself from getting girls pregnant, right? It doesn't fail. It can't fail, everyone knows that. Hell, it's sold in almost every adult store across the elemental nations, so I know for a fact it can't." He chuckled, only to look at the old man and me suspiciously. "No, wait, I get it. This is a joke. You're getting revenge on me for making Isako break up with Sozui at the end of my new Icha Icha book, aren't you‽"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"You did what‽" Hiruzen snapped, and my ears rang. "Damn it, Jiraiya, I have yet to finish reading it! Why did you have to spoil the end‽"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"You mean this isn't a joke?" Papa yelled, and the ringing became worse.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"And I thought Naruto was loud," I muttered to myself, wincing as I covered my ears.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes, she is your daughter, Jiraiya," the Hokage continued as if I didn't say anything, "and I honestly expected a better first impression from you. Denial, really?" He then smirked. "Then again, since you don't even know, I doubt you realize you've finally achieved one of your greatest dreams."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What dream?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀Hiruzen tossed the folder at Jiraiya. "Your daughter is proof of it, and ANBU has already tracked her movements back to her mother. Witnesses have seen them together, and on more than one occasion, people seem to have plotted to kidnap Hikigaeru, just to get back at her."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Great." I muttered.

⠀⠀⠀⠀When Papa opened the folder, his breath caught in his throat. His eyes darted back and forth, and his mouth fell open. When he turned the page, he made an uncharacteristic squeak and gritted his teeth. "Please tell me this is a lie, Sensei, please!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀Hiruzen just closed his eyes and shook his head. "I'm afraid not. I don't know why Tsunade didn't tell you. I suspect she drugged you to prevent you from remembering, but Hikigaeru is your and Tsunade's daughter."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ah, why can't I remember!" It wasn't a question, and he threw a fist at a wall, making it crack. "You can't be more than eight or nine, right? Where was I eight or nine years ago? The land of waves? No, it takes nine months for a baby to be born, so I was near the Land of Rice!" He then smiled, only to wince. "I don't even remember seeing her!" He snapped, running his hands through his hair. "But why would she keep something like this from me? And how? I saw her on and off every two years! Hell, I saw her just a few months ago!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"You'll have to speak to her about that yourself. However, Hikigaeru will remain a secret. She left her and came here." Hiruzen informed Papa, only to add, "But she left Tsunade to come here five months ago, and only arrived a few days ago."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Five months? Alone? Really?" Papa gawked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"How long ago did you see Tsunade?"