Chapter Six My Blood, Our Sweat, Your Tears

⠀"I'd believe if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way. I believe that the words that he told you are not your grave. I know that we are not the weight of all our memories. I believe in the things that I am afraid to say."

⠀⠀⠀⠀I held a yelp as a demonic zombie impaled its sword into my back. A warning told me I had taken three-thousand damage from it, and when I spun about, I stabbed a kunai through its skull. When the zombie fell over, his weight pulled his sword with him, and I had to grab the blade for it to not cut me open. After he hit the ground, I pushed it out and looked towards the last six remaining zombies.

⠀⠀⠀⠀ "Hold on, hold on. I believe in the lost possibilities you can see."

⠀⠀⠀⠀By the time I picked up the sword from the ground, my wound started to close, and I rushed towards the first zombie with my new weapon in hand. With the weights I wore, they were just as fast as I was, and when my target lifted his sword to swing at me, I blocked it with mine. Thrusting my kunai into its face, it hissed, only to go limp.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"And I believe that the darkness reminds us where light can be. I know that your heart is still beating, beating, darling. I believe that you fell so you would land next to me."

⠀⠀⠀⠀Turning, I tossed my ninja tool towards a zombie, and it would have let out a low growl if my blade didn't go through its mouth. Yanking the second zombie's sword from his hand, I held the blades at the ready as I charged my next target.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"'Cause I have been where you are before, and I have felt the pain of losing who you are! And I have died so many times, but I am still alive!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀By now my wound would have healed ten times over, and when I blocked the zombie's readied swing, I jabbed one of my swords towards its leg. Its decayed skin and kneecap gave little resistance, and as it began to fall over, I pointed the tip of my first blade downward, cutting the zombie's shoulder. I brought down my swords onto the zombie, decapitating it, and I had to hold a laugh.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I believe that tomorrow is stronger than yesterday, and I believe that your head is the only thing in your way. I wish that you could see your scars turn into beauty. I believe that today it's okay to be not okay."

⠀⠀⠀⠀I had to throw both blades up as two of the remaining three zombies attacked. The loud pings of our weapons striking each other echoed through the forest, and as the third moved to impale me with his blade, I let my arms go limp and rolled forward. My weapons clattered to the ground as I ran toward the trees. Leaping up, I grabbed a lower branch and hurled myself into the tree. The three demonic zombies hissed at me and began to pace around it, waiting for me to come down.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hold on, hold on. 'Cause I have been where you are before, and I have felt the pain of losing who you are, and I have died so many times, but I am still alive!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀There was a pause in the song as I looked down at my foes. The trees here were nothing like the ones around Konoha, and as I leaned forward, I leaped over their heads and ran to my fallen weapons. Placing one of the swords into my inventory, I then yanked out my kunai and turned about.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"This is not the end of me, this is the beginning. This is not the end of me, this is the beginning. This is not the end of me, this is the beginning. This is not the end of me, this is the beginning."

⠀⠀⠀⠀Throwing the weapon towards the zombies, I scored another headshot as one of them fell backward, dead. Lifting up a third sword, this one from the zombie I killed with a thrown kunai, I charged. Using one blade to block the first attack, I brought the second down onto the hand holding its sword, only to continue the cut, sweeping my weapon towards its knee. When its severed hand hit the ground, it did, and I jabbed at its face as I blocked the last remaining zombie's attack.