Chapter Twenty-Three Becoming a Meta-Gamer

⠀⠀I thudded against the bright white floor of the Dungeon Creator, and heard a rather average sounding man say, "Good, cause she's here." I didn't bother to look over at him and just blinked several times as the bright white room blinded me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Someone tomboyish then said, "She's cuter in person. Play nice with her, will you, Church?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Alright, time's up, I'm sending you all home," the first voice said, then snapped, and flashes of blue hit the edge of my vision. "Thanks for helping, but unless your name is Simmons or Doc, I need you gone." A moment later, and after the voice stepped away from me, he continued, "Simons—please grab those and get a move on. Doc, are you ready to give Hikigaeru her medical examination?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ready!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀I finally glanced up to see the members of Red versus Blue standing before me. I recognised Church and his blue armor, Doc and his purple armor, and Simmons in his maroon armor. Doc held a data pad, along with an odd looking tool, while Church seemed tired. His posture was low, and he moved about slower then normal. As for Simmons, he ran off a good six meters before lifting up two familiar swords. Both were blue, one looked like the Raizan, and the other looked similar, yet oddly different.

⠀⠀⠀⠀In a soft voice, I then said, "You know, my excitement over meeting you lot somehow isn't as high as I thought it would be."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Don't tell Sarge that then. He's been looking forward to this," Doc chuckled.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, well, meet and greets isn't why you're here," Church waved me off, then stepped towards me. "Alright, let's get the show on the road. You know who we are, we know who you are. With introductions out of the way, let's get into the laundry list of why 'The Gamer' has been fucking up for you." I pulled myself up, stood, and as I waited for him to continue. "Alright… Long story short, GLaDOS fucked everything. Rigged the settings against you, messed with the coding, set up events to make you fail, rigged your luck chance when you fought Zabuza, which lead to the loss of your eye, and… we've been fixing it for the last week. Sorry about the annoying pop-ups. Had to make sure the calibrations were all correct.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"By the end of the day, everything will be as it should, and we're installing a V.I. so nothing goes to shit again because of some asshole's personal vendetta. From here on out, no more annoying bullshit. Just you, 'The Gamer', and the crazy fucks from the Naruto reality. Also, congratulations, I'm your genie in a bottle, but you don't get to pick your three wishes." Church placed his hand to his forehead, and groaned. "Now, all I need you to do, is follow Simmons here, let him run down the inventory stuff we're fixing, while I go get the last of your shit ready. If you have any questions, save them for later."

⠀⠀⠀⠀I kept my mouth shut as he vanished into a mixture of blue and white digital pixels, then looked over at Doc. "He seems—stressed."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"That's an understatement, considering a second for us, is several minutes for him, and he's been spending the last—I'd say nine days—fixing everything wrong with your 'The Gamer'!" Doc explained.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Right, so what all did she screw with?" the white-haired girl asked us.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Everything. Almost everything. Church didn't go into detail, but for several minutes we just heard him screaming in frustration," Doc explained. "It was rather impressive how he was able to scream for a solid ten minutes though."

⠀⠀⠀⠀I, again, nodded, too tired to really show any other sign of compliance. Mentally, I felt drained, and looked over to Simmons as he stepped closer. I stepped to the side, and held a hand out for him to lead the way, and said, "After you, Richard."