The man squinted his eyes at her trying to search for any sign of lying, he didn't find anything. The man was intimidating Chaerin was not going to lie, he had a shaved head, a cut on his eyebrow, and a nose piercing.

She would be scared if only she hadn't experienced worse.

He looked over the counter, making sure she wasn't hiding anybody. She almost rolled her eyes, yeah because that's where I would hide somebody.

"There was one this afternoon," She piped up, gaining the attention of the man once again, "But he was blonde," She frowned, a small glint in her eye.

The other two men returned from searching the aisles and comfort rooms.

"Anything?" They shook their heads. "Damn it!" The guy with the nose piercing slammed his fist on the counter. Chaerin flinched at the sudden action.

"Let's go," The other guy said, walking out of the store. The man with the nose piercing looked at Chaerin once more before exiting the store.

Chaerin let out a sigh of relief and waited a few more minutes.

"They're gone," She called out. She then went back to the small station to finish preparing her food.

The brown-eyed guy cautiously went out of the backroom and examined the store just to make sure there wasn't anybody there.

"Thanks," He muttered, his voice rough.

"It's not a problem," she shrugged, "I don't even work here," She informed with a small smile. The guy's eyebrows rose in surprise.

She gave him a small smirk and finished making ramen, which was long overdue.

She then heard a scrape of a chair and then the door of the backroom opening.

"Hey sorry I took so long, I accidentally knocked a box of drinks," Eunha sheepishly smiled while carrying another box.

She placed the box down in one of the aisles. "Did any customers come in?"

"Just him," Chaerin gestured towards the brown-eyed guy.

"Okay, thank you," Eunha smiled in appreciation before refilling the aisles.

Chaerin then picked up a few more things from the aisles and Eunha rang them for her and placed them in a white plastic bag.

Holding her ramen and other food in one hand and the other white plastic bag in the other, she approached the brown-eyed guy.

"You should fix that," Chaerin said as she placed the plastic bag on the table and left the store.

• • •

The young man, no older than 20, watched as the girl exited the store and made her way back home.

He found her very peculiar, and somewhat interesting. She didn't even stutter when she was talking to the other gang earlier.

The young guy, or as Chaerin calls him 'brown-eyed guy', stared at the plastic bag for a few more seconds before checking to see what's inside.

Inside was a few medical supplies and a bottle of iced coffee. He let out a small scoff and a small smile made its way on his lips.

If he thought the girl was interesting at first, now he full-on intrigued.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010