thirty one

All of the members were either too stuffed with food, tired of running around all day, or broke from playing all the games in the fair, either way, they were having fun and spending a day not worrying about academics or gang-related business.

Some of the members competed on who can win the most stuffed animals and to nobody's surprise, Lucas won. He still gave it to the members and took home some to give to the other members.

Chaerin glanced at her wristwatch, "Oh the fireworks are starting in a while! Come with me," She ushered the members to follow her.

She led them to the rooftop which nobody else was allowed to access, but of course, Chaerin had student council perks.

The members rushed to the edge of the rooftop, their eyes filled with excitement.

Chaerin stayed back and so did Mark.

"Are you not going?" He asked pointing to the other members.

She shrugged in response, "I'll be fine here,"

Chaerin closed her eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the cold wind of the night caress her face.

She then heard the first firework and opened her eyes. She did not watch the fireworks for very long before looking at the person beside her.

He was watching the fireworks with a smile on his face. A small smile formed on her face, one that she didn't even realize was there.

Mark then glanced at Chaerin, and for the hundredth time today, they locked eyes.

Nobody spoke a word, they didn't feel the need to. Being in each other's presence was more than enough.

• • •

"So who's going with who?" Xiaojun asked the group, all of them standing in the middle of the parking lot.

"Who's driving?" Chenle asked.

"Not me," Chaerin said, her voice faintly hoarse.

"Me, Hendery, and Mark then," Xiaojun announced.

Mark tossed his car keys to Hendery, "I'll take Chaerin's car,"

Renjun and Haechan made eye contact an idea sparking in their heads.

Xiaojun then started walking towards Lucas's car with him in tow. While Hyuck took a hold of the two people closest to him at the moment which was Jaemin and Jeno and started to drag them with him.

Renjun did the same but with Chenle and Jisung, "Let's go Hendery," He said enthusiastically.

"What's happening?" Jisung asked in confusion due to the quick turn of events.

"Move faster before they catch on!" Renjun whisper shouted.

Jisung still confused, looked at Chenle in question. Chenle without speaking a word just looked in Mark and Chaerin's direction.

"Ah,"

"Are you guys all good there?" Chaerin asked before entering the car.

"Yes, we are all good, have a safe trip, bye!" Haechan rapidly said that it took a second for Chaerin to register what he said.

"Yes bye! -Hendery step on it!" Renjun also answered, whispering the last part.

Chaerin looked at Mark, puzzled. Mark only responded with a shrug.

"Can we drive-thru and get chicken nuggets?"

"You're still hungry?"

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010