forty seven

Chaerin was confused out of her mind. Just before the accident, Mark and she weren't on speaking terms, for reasons she still isn't aware of. Now Mark barely leaves her side. She frowned, Mark, acting as nothing happened, and that bothered her.

She sat on her bed, playing around with the spoon in her hand. She was transferred back to her room yesterday, and Kun and Doyoung said that she could move around but make sure to take it slow. She still could barely move her shoulder but it was getting better.

The door opened and Mark entered the room, "Are you not hungry?" He asked, seeing that Chaerin didn't touch her food.

Chaerin didn't respond.

"Chaerin?" He asked with a small frown, walking closer to the bed, "Are you not feeling well? Do you want me to call Kun?"

"Why are you treating me like this?" Chaerin asked quietly.

"What?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about," she replied sharply, finally looking at him, "Mark you've been avoiding me for the past week, you've barely even looked at me! And now you're acting as nothing happened,"

Mark stood there stunned, not able to utter a word.

"What did I do? What did I do wrong?!" She shouts, all her built-up emotions spilling like a broken dam, "I don't even know the reason why! You can't just decide one day to act like I don't exist and then decide the next day that I'm important again. It's tiring Mark," She says with tears streaming down her face.

"If this is some cruel game you're playing, leave me out of it," She whispers.

"What? Are you going to start ignoring me again?" she asks with a scoff, frustrated at his lack of answers. When she was met with silence once more, she made a move to leave the room, "Don't answer me then,"

As her hand landed on the doorknob, Mark grabbed her wrist. She squeezed her eyes shut and clutched the doorknob in her hand, she refused to look back at him.

"I'm sorry," he started, his voice slightly shaking, "And know I don't deserve this, but can you please listen to me for five minutes," he pleaded. At the lack of response, he took that as a sign to continue.

"I'm in love with you Chaerin, I'm so helplessly in love with you and that terrifies me,"

Chaerin's eyes widened, she then immediately turned around upon hearing Mark's confession.

"My parents' relationship was so fucked up I didn't even believe love was real, that it was all a fairytale joke, but that was until you. God I have never thought of somebody as much as I think about you, you could ruin me for all I care and I would let you do it a thousand times if that's what you wanted," He took a deep breath before continuing, "But you, you deserve so much more than me, I have brought nothing but danger into your life since we met,"

As Mark finished, Chaerin didn't say a word, instead, she leaned over and closed the gap between them.

Mark froze in surprise before kissing her back.

All their frustrations, all their worries melted away in an instant, and all their longing and desire were poured into the kiss.

When they pulled back, they pressed their foreheads together as they caught their breath. Mark then pulled Chaerin closer and engulfed her into an embrace.

"Chaerin-" As Mark was about to say something, Chaerin beat him to it.

"I love you,"

"Why?"

"Because at the end of the day, I want to come home to you, I want to share every part of my life with you. Wherever you are, that's where I want to be. What I have with you, I don't want with anybody else,"

They stood there for a while, enjoying each other's presence, neither of them caring.

"You asshole, never do that again," Chaerin piped up, hitting Mark lightly. "You could have just told me, instead you choose to ignore me?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I was stupid. I didn't know what to do, I've never experienced a situation like this before," He frowned, and carefully grabbed her shoulders to make her look at him. "Chaerin are you sure about this?"

"You want to know if I'm sure?" Mark nodded slowly, "Fine," she let out a sigh.

"Mark Lee, would you be my boyfriend?"

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010