thirty six

**slight warning, mention of suicide and abuse**

Chaerin tried to put up a strong face, attempted to shrug off the events that happened to her. When in reality, she was distressed. Yes, she had been in similar situations before, but that doesn't mean she isn't affected by it anymore, if anything, it reminded her more of her past.

The members were of course concerned for her and she reassured them she was fine so they wouldn't worry. She did everything she could so she would remain distracted the whole day, however when the night falls and the house goes silent, she had nothing but her thoughts to accompany her.

Chaerin sat on her bed staring at the wall, her chest heavy and her mind wide awake. Bright numbers flashed on the bedside table.

3:32 a.m.

She walked around the house, grabbed a glass of water, scrolled on her phone, nevertheless, it did little to nothing to calm her thoughts.

It was 15 minutes later that she landed in front of a door. She bit her lip in hesitation, it was, after all, quarter to 4 a.m. in the morning. However, she was desperate.

She knocked softly three times, a few dreadful seconds past and she was about to retreat to her bedroom when footsteps approached the door.

"Chaerin? Baby, what's wrong?" Mark asks as he opens the door, his voice hoarse and deeper than usual.

"Sorry, I can't sleep," she frowned, rubbing her hands together.

Mark opened the door wider and led her inside.

"You can sleep in the bed, I'll sleep on the floor," Mark said and Chaerin immediately stopped him.

"No that's okay,"

"You sure?"

Chaerin nodded in response and they laid in bed. Mark broke the silence first and asked her a question.

"Is this about what happened earlier?" He asked softly.

"Yeah," she answered quietly, "It- it just reminds me of what happened to my brother,"

"I always try to shrug it off and forget about what happened, but it always seems to come back to me at night," she chuckled humorlessly.

"When they called to tell me what happened to him, I felt the whole world crashing down on me, he was the one thing in my life that gave me hope, he was my only family,"

"He always tried to protect me as best as he can, sometimes he would come home all bloody and bruised because they kept on threatening him, asking where my father was," She continued, "I for sure would also like to know where the bastard was," she said, bitterness dripping from every word.

"God I was so stupid going after them, I was blinded by rage and grief. I didn't know what else to do, I had nothing else to lose. I also figured that I didn't have a clue what I was doing nor did I know what I was getting into," Chaerin took a deep breath and let out a sigh.

"My father was a bastard too," Mark opened up, making Chaerin turn to his direction, "He -he abused both me and my mother,"

Chaerin's eyes widened at this information, she felt anger quickly consuming her, her blood boiling. What kind of father could do this?

She held Mark's hand in comfort as he continued, knowing how hard it was to open up.

"She didn't deserve to be treated like that. And in the end, she couldn't take it anymore, so she took her own life,"

"I could feel your anger radiating from here," Mark said, he then held her face in his hands making her look to him, "He's gone now, he got what he deserved,"

They then laid in comfortable silence, not one saying a word, and that was enough.

Slowly, they fell asleep, holding each other in their arms.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010