Chapter 13

Baine

My body didn't hurt anymore. I just felt sort of empty.

I lay curled up in a tight ball, with the softest pillows and blankets surrounding my traumatized form. One of the dragons I held clutching close to my chest. His tail was curled around my arm, with his long snout nuzzling my face and neck in concern.

When I came back here shivering and curled around Osiris, the dragons instantly dog piled me. Wrapping themselves around me completely, so all you could see was a big pile of colorful scales. They were comforting, and I couldn't help but bask in their care.

Before, I felt broken when the trauma was still fresh in my mind. Now, I just didn't feel anything. Osiris replaced his bond with his, so instead of feeling the bond with Aegeus, I felt it with Osiris. It was odd. The bond felt way stronger now that it revolved around Osiris.

He held me atop his wide chest. His steady, strong arms softly placed on my bottom, while his fingers traced delicate patterns along my skin. I felt every brush touch somewhere deep in my soul. "You'll be okay," he briefly placed a kiss on my forehead.

I wanted to lash out at him. I wanted to scream and cry, but I didn't. Instead, I held my dragon closer and curled in on myself even more.

Osiris eased out from under me. I clutched my hands tighter so that I didn't reach out and grab him. He didn't go far though, reaching under my back to pick me up.

I wrapped my legs around his hips with my hands trapped between our bodies, and my head coming to lay sideways on his shoulder. I couldn't help it. I wish I could've pushed him away, but I just can't. He held me with one arm clutched under my butt and the other cradling the back of my head.

With footsteps that didn't make a sound, Osiris strode forth from the bedroom. The dragon squished between Osiris and I purred and licked my cheek lovingly. The others wafted overhead.

"Sir, you have a meet-"

"Cancel them all. I have more important matters to attend to." Osiris waved his hand carelessly while settling in the chair in front of the fireplace in his office.

"Of course," Lyonis answered while obediently leaving the room.

Now there was only me and him.

One of his hands sifted through the sweaty locks of my hair, startling the hair there before smoothing them out.

"You are in desperate need of a bath." His rumbling voice moved my body.

I didn't voice my answer.

Instead, I reached my long fingers around the back of his neck, then curled even deeper into the dip of his body. I didn't want him to move.

I felt so deeply connected to him. My inner instincts screamed to be as close to him as possible.

"Come, It will be over quick." He stood up and walked towards the bathroom with me still securely in his powerful grip.

Osiris

He was scared. I knew so by the unexpected shudders that would rack his whole body. The little trembles that would bring him close to my form.

He was so docile, which was a grave change from his stubborn demeanor.

I didn't regret anything.

How could I when he is embracing me like a lover.

With one arm under his plump bottom, I used the other to turn on the faucet for the bathtub.

Warm water came flowing out quickly as I poured some bubbles in. I peeled off his sticky clothes, with his head lulling on my shoulder softly.

With care that I didn't know I had, I gradually released Baine in the soapy water. His tremors stopped as he released the dragon he was clutching so tightly to.

His long eyelashes fluttered in place, just to drop down amongst his pale cheeks.

I washed his fragile body carefully. Rubbing the rug up and down his shoulders and massaging his scalp full of scent-free products.

Even in a state of distress, Baine was beautiful.

He was still hurt not physically, but mentally and he will be for a long while.

Sire bonds are powerful but easily broken. For most creatures that want to mate with a vampire, they have to break that bond. It's the only way. For some creatures, it doesn't bother them, like other vampires. My case however is different. My dragon wants the full bond, and I did too.

I lifted Baine out of the water and wrapped him in a black fluffy robe, carrying him bridal style to the sitting room.

I placed him down on the long sofa and tucked him in with soft blankets and pillows, stopping to give one of my rare genuine smiles when my dragons curled around his body for more warmth.

He was awake still. I watched him fight an internal battle between grabbing and keeping his hands tucked away. I didn't wait for a whimper.

I went over to a small desk tucked away in the corner of my room and grabbed the paper sitting on top.

I briskly walked back towards Baine and sat at the end of the sofa with his feet placed on my lap.

I watched his body unwind itself and completely relax under my gaze and feeling my touch.

I waited until his breath stopped leaving his nose and started to leave out of his mouth. One of the many signs that he was asleep.

I pulled out my phone and pressed on speed dial. "Lyonis, inform the clans of the news and start making preparations for the end of this week on the full moon."

"Yes sir. Would you like me to inform master Baine's old guardian?"

I paused for a moment and rubbed my chin, glancing down at Baine I made my decision. "Of course, we have to thank him in some way." I hung up the phone.

I leaned my head back on the top of the sofa, still looking at Baine's curled up form.

I placed the papers on the floor, then sidled up behind his content form.

Wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my chin atop his head, I closed my eyes for a well-needed rest with my mate.