Chapter 7

Before you start, shout-out to 1-hell-of-a-demon for collaborating with me on this chapter.
~Enjoy

Baine

Once we got to Icarus and Zaikai's charming two-story home, I trudged up the stairs and went up to the guest bedroom. I threw my bag down and took off my shirt, my nails coming down and scratching the itchy spots on my skin.

Walking around the room I moved my body stretching my sore muscles that were constantly stuck in the same positions because of the dragons. Cracking my back a hiss of pain leaves my mouth, but soon dies as a dragon caresses the pain away with questioning eyes. I once again pause, marveled by their soft behavior despite being such powerful beasts. Sitting down on the bed I stroke the dragons as I fade deep into my thoughts.

After a long while of getting lost in my thoughts, I glance at the open window to see that it's almost sunset, making me realize just how much time has passed leaving me in the same place that I was hours ago. Realizing that I still needed to take a much-needed shower, I stood up off of the bed and gathered my things.

Turning to the dragons that were now flying around me I gave a request that was probably going to be ignored anyway. "Please don't follow me in the shower."

Hoping for once they would understand and listen to my request, I quickly bolted to the bathroom and started to close the door. Just when I thought that I had succeeded, my short-lived victory soon fell apart as I saw all five dragons fly rapidly into the bathroom.

Shaking my head, I ignored them and stripped off the rest of my clothes. Entering the shower I turned the water on and stood there letting the warm water relax my still sore muscles. Not long after the dragons joined me, playfully flying around the showerhead.

I sighed and started scrubbing myself. I should just get used to them and perhaps be a little more welcoming.

I quickly finished my shower session and leave the bathroom. Digging through my bag I put on a change of warm clothes and thankfully the dragons keep their distance as I change.

I was really starting to think that they would want to see me naked all the time, but I was thankful for the uninterrupted three solid minutes of my life. After I finish getting dressed, I turn around only to find them playing with my dirty underwear. Really. And here I was wanting to make them feel a little more welcomed.

I must have tossed it here while I was running towards the bathroom, I stupidly realize as I snatch the underwear from them and throw it in the laundry basket.

I fall on the bed with a soft thump as the dragons surround me. Once again I fall into trails of thoughts about why these pesky little beasts are following me and why Osiris wants me. I was starting to get deeper into my thoughts when I heard my brother who was standing at the doorway of the room calling me for dinner.

Glancing outside the window I realize how dark it had gotten already. Night had fallen and here I was sulking and overthinking things. I tell my brother that I'm not in the mood for eating and he only nods understandingly and leaves. As the cool wind blows in from the open window, I think it would be best if I take a walk and clear my head.

Sitting up on the bed I shrug the rest of my clothes on along with a jacket and walk out of my bedroom. Upon opening my door I could hear the kids having dinner in the dining room. Finding my brother, I tell him of my plan, then grab my shoes and start my walk. As soon as I step outside, I couldn't help but shudder at the cool, refreshing air. Taking a deep breath I slowly began walking, surrounding myself in my thoughts.

The last few days have been rough I must admit, but I couldn't wait for all of this to be over. I'd go back to work and do what I always did almost every night. Sleep during the day, then wake up for my shifts at the Vamire's Kiss. Every once in a while I would get deals with Kallex, but that was it. I shook my head and smiled at the thought of going back to my boring, average life. At least I wouldn't have to worry about getting molested by dragons and their masters.

Pulling out of my thoughts I paused and looked around. Running my hands on my body I realized one crucial thing. There were no dragons. Not on me, nor were they flying around me. That didn't seem right. Looking around thoroughly, I confirmed that the dragons were gone. I glanced around the neighborhood in case they were playing tricks on me, but no such luck.

The neighborhood itself was also empty. So much so that it felt like a ghost town. Empty streets, no lights on in any house, and more importantly I hadn't seen any cars passing by.

Fear started rising up inside me as I remembered the dream. Shit! I have to get back to my brother's place. Turning around to go back the way I came, I stopped dead in my tracks. What greeted me was the same exact dragon from my dream. Gold with mismatched eyes, emitting a powerful aura.

Osiris.

My first instinct was to run and without thinking I started taking large, quick steps away from the dragon. Why would he come now? I just wanted a simple life! I thought angrily to myself as I broke into a run, only to be trapped between powerful claws. I started to struggle hoping it would make for a harder capture, but no such luck as I felt his claws tighten and hot air surround me from his breathing.

I paused for a moment when I felt Osiris shift from his dragon form to his human form, and now instead of scaly claws trapping me it was large muscular arms.

I kicked and squirmed against his hold, but it only seemed to make things worse. Finally, almost as if he had enough, his grip tightened even further pushing me closer to his muscular chest and forced me into a submissive position. Fighting against him was like trying to fight a current during a storm. I was helpless as he held me in that submissive position, waiting for me to stop fighting against what was a losing battle on my end.