"Where did you come from?" I asked him.

"I've been standing here for 5 minutes but you were busy thinking about something....or someone" As soon as he said something, I got all nervous.

"So, someone it is," he said all smiling. I just smiled in return as I hugged him.

"Why are you here?" I hoped to change the topic.

"Well nicely distracted the topic, I'm here to thank you for taking you to lunch. Well, I hoped to take you out for lunch but then I got to know that you are way too busy to go out, so I brought the lunch here"

"Thank you so much, but who told you about me being busy" I gestured to him to sit on the couch.

"Ran, I asked him too. If he wanna join us but he said you would be busy"

"Yeah, he is in London, that's why," I said, explaining to him.

"Huh... how do you know that though? He also told me not to come. I thought for the whole afternoon but I thought I'll just take the chance if you would be free, we'll eat this together. If not then I would just give it to someone" he simply said.

Wow, he denied him to see me why? Argghhh, forget it, I'll just enjoy the food.

We ate food, he told me various stories about him and his college life and his passion for sketching cartoons, mainly making some comics.

"I had a great time and I hope everything will work smoothly for the two of you," Madhav said as he stood up.

I smiled at him.

"Thank you... wait how do you know? Did he tell you"

"Well no, he was smiling way too much and acting nicely to everyone and me too so I had my suspicions but you just confirmed it" Madhav shrugged.

"You sneaky little..." Before I could finish my sentence Akash came in.

"Trisha...I've been calling..." he stopped as soon as he spotted Madhav.

He stopped in his tracks. He looked way too shocked.

"Oh it's okay Akash, This is Madhav Bhatnagar Brother of Ranveer and this is.." Madhav cut me mid-sentence.

"Akash... No, it's Archit my man where you have been? You were total MIA, I asked Ranveer for you but he just told me you were away at work. What are you doing here?" Madhav hugged him but Akash looked guilty.

What is wrong?

"You know him?" I asked him.

"Yeah... he was my original trainer and later on, assistant of Ranveer but he was my real buddy we hung out a lot. But I didn't get one thing I just asked about again. He said you were away for some serious business, what are you doing here?"

"Well, he is my assistant and it's been several years," I said to Madhav.

"What? Why would Ran lie to me?" I was sensing something was way too weird in this situation.

Akash was not saying anything.

"Well, Madhav, maybe he forgot about him, you should leave, you have to catch a flight, right?" I said to him he didn't look convinced but Akash gave me a reassuring look and he went.

Akash stood there in silence for 10 minutes.

"So, are you going to tell me why you worked here?" I asked him.

"It's not like that Trisha," he said as he tried to comfort me.

But I stopped him with my hand gesture.

"It's Miss Bhatt and tell the truth Akash or Archit whatever it is"

"Miss Bhatt, Ranveer asked me to keep an eye on you," he answered.

Keep an eye on me. What the hell?

"What! there is no benefit in that, did you tell our company's secrets too" I was getting angry.

"It's nothing like that. It was because..." I stopped him again, I don't want to get in the wordplay with him.

"Do you remember us meeting the first time, what I told you at that time?" with little tears forming in my eyes.

"Yes, you hate lies and you hate being cheated on"

"And what did you, do?"

"But... Tri...Miss Bhatt"

"Leave!"

"But..."

"I said leave Akash, LEAVE" At this point, I shouted which I never did in the office, especially to him.

He left but as soon as he left, I started to cry.

Suddenly Maya barged into my office.

"I heard you shout at Akash... Wait... what happened? why are you crying" She was concerned at this moment?

"Maya, I need some time alone, can you handle the workload for today," I said, wiping my tears and looking at her.

"Yes, baby... but please tell me what happened?" I asked as she tried to stop me.

"Akash works for him, he fucking sent him to keep an eye on me, Akash's real name is Archit" I laughed.

"Here I believed his lies, I thought he was different. I guess I am not meant to be happy" I jerked my hand from her grip and went out.

She called my name a lot of times and tried to stop me.

"Maya, I need you to complete the work, and I seriously need time to think at this moment," I said calmly, depicting my anger and the seriousness of the situation.

I left the office just like that. I feel betrayed. I was happy without him approaching me, but how can he do this to me, most of all why did he do this to me?

I cried and cried until I was numb. I thought I could trust him but I was wrong.

I thought it was fate that made us, 'The US' but no it was his plans.

Was this a joke to him? Why just why did he do it?

"Awww so finally, you got to know the truth," someone said.

"What? Who are you" as I looked at the source of the voice.

"Aww you don't remember me bitch" he made a face, it looked like he was a hooligan.

But why does he look familiar?

"Look Mister, I don't have any money and no jewelry. And I am not of that worth too. So why not leave me alone and I won't tell a soul this happened or most of all about you" I tried to convince him.

"Hahaha... by the way, how does it feel to be betrayed by a close one or in your case a loved one or better, Should I say the love of your life?" he smirked.

"How do you know all this?" I asked him and again scanned his face but couldn't figure out where, Have I seen him?

He chuckled and nodded to someone from behind me. As I turned to see, someone pounced at me.

I dodged him. I couldn't see the face because he covered his face, not like the other one.

Because he was on the floor, I attacked him as I punched him in the face and I a crack sound I heard which I thought as I broke his nose as felt the liquid on my knuckles.

Before I could shout or call for help.

Suddenly someone crashed something on my head, I winced and closed my eyes because the impact was way too hard to handle.

Because of crying and walking and the hit on my head, I felt dizzy and closed my eyes.

I heard some serious cussing about the hit and if I die how invaluable I would be, but I was way too tired to do anything so I went to sleep.