You are the reason

"Qubool hai,"

for a moment he closed his eyes as he wanted those two words uttered by her to be etched in his memory till his death or beyond that if there existed a realm. When he glanced at her face through the mirror his heart skipped a bit, for the woman in the reflection had the glint in her eyes that he had seen only in the photograph he first saw of hers many years ago. She gave him an assuring smile as if telling him that all this was not a dream. 

This was immediately followed by the Hindu wedding rituals, when Zoya walked towards Aditya she could hear some women gushing about how they had never seen a more handsome bridegroom in their life. The turban and the red tilak accentuated his already radiating features but of course as usual, what caught her attention were his eyes a mix of shyness and mischief but always looking for her approval. Aditya took her hands possessively as they walked together around the sacred fire seven times vowing to be by each other in every step of life. Zoya could not hold back her tears when he placed a pinch of vermillion in her forehead symbolising their eternal bond. 

As she waited for him the thought started to sink in that not just the bedroom, the city its people everything would be her new home. She was brought out of her thought when she heard a soft knock on the door. Aditya stood at the door until she smiled,

"aap ko knock karne ki zaroorat nahin hain yeh aapka bhi bedroom hain."

She said softly and Aditya knew her subtle ways of pulling his legs with the faint blush adorning her cheeks.  Aditya wanted to teach her a lesson so he used that age-old trick of his that would make her tremble in front of him. He slowly walked towards her with a smirk on his face till her back hit the wall leaving no space for her to move backwards anymore. 

'God, is this even real Zoya, you being mine forever.' 

His smiled at the way how small her face was in comparison to his large hands as he gently lifted her chin making her look at him. 

"I am yours till eternity Aditya,"

she merely whispered. Zoya anticipated her husband's next move but to her absolute surprise, he gently took her hands and led her near the window making her sit as the moonlight bathed her fully. 

'You must be tired with all the ceremonies and these heavy pieces of jewellery and this dress. May I.'

When she nodded her head he started to gently disentangle the heavy earrings, every touch of his was like painful pleasure inflicted upon her entire being. His fingers ran delicately through her hair loosening the braids, soaked completely in the presence of each other. Aditya kept nuzzling his nose in her neck as if he wanted to own the very fragrance of her essence. As his embrace tightened Zoya felt like a nervous young girl eager but anxious for her first kiss. He never failed to surprise her as he all of a sudden planted a gentle kiss on her forehead,

'go and freshen up I will be preparing the bed'.

Zoya simply nodded and headed towards the bathroom, as the hot washed all over her body her thoughts were preoccupied with the man physically separated from her just by a door. Aditya Hooda, her husband, the man who could move mountains for her although never uttering a word. What made their relationship so different was that even though fate kept them miles apart for years yet they were never away from each other. A sense of familiarity lingered between them perhaps from the first time they ever laid eyes on each other.

When the door of the bathroom creaked open Aditya could not believe what he was witnessing, his wife stood there nervously with droplets of water dripping from her wet hair and the cream colour of her skin radiating in the moonlit night, he was a man made of flesh and bone and all he yearned at the moment was to ravish her. Zoya looked down for she could not meet Aditya's fiery eyes, she was a matured woman and was very well aware of how Aditya tried to control his urges when it came to her and she the first thing she had to do in the morning was to scold Noor for she insisted on packing Zoya's clothes and had delivery replaced her comfortable night dresses with revealing nightgowns. With his jaws clenched and eyes that were dark with pool of desire Aditya did not utter a word and just brushed passed her for a quick shower leaving her standing on the middle of the room.

"She is your wife now dammit stop being so awkward around her."

Aditya muttered to himself as he placed both the palms on the cold wall as the water from the shower trickled down his rippled muscles. Although their souls had always been connected to each other when it came to physical intimacy they had always been in an uncomfortable space. Ever since she knew his secret Aditya felt like a cornered animal and would just at times pull her roughly towards him during their heated arguments, acting like a little boy who was about to lose his most prized possession. When she had finally accepted her feelings for him the one and only passionate kiss they shared burned on the back of his mind every single day. But now he wanted to take it slow at her pace, the next step in their marriage has to come for her. 

Zoya looked up and her throat went dry to see his taut muscle flexing from the wifebeater he wore paired with a comfortable pajama. She shamelessly dragged her gaze to the veins protruding in his forearm till his large hands.  

"A small wedding gift, hope you like it."

She saw him turning to a nearby drawer and smilingly held a gramaphone in his hand. 

"Abhi na jao chod kar

ke dil abhi bhara nahin"

The serenating sound of the evergreen classic was the only sound being heard in the room. 

"Uss din toot gaya tha yaad hai."

He was referring to their first meeting, his smile suddely turned into a worrying frown as he saw tears welling in her eyes. 

" Zoya kya hua gift achhi nahin lagi kya? Roh kyun rahin ho?"

She continued to sob clutching his vest harder, making him tighten his grip around her. 

'Kyun karte hai humse itna pyaar? Humein darr lagta hai Aditya, aap ko humari sab baat yaad raheti hai aur hum itne selfish hai ki hum darr jaate hai agar aap bhi humein chodh kar chalein gaye toh.'

"Sshhh shanth, main kahin nahin jaunga. Did you get that. Main woh insaan hoon jisne tumse jhooth bol kar tumahri zindagi mein kadam rakha when I very well knew the consequences if you came to know the truth Zoya. Trust me I can fight with destiny to be with you."

'I love you,' she whispered still hiding her face in his chest.

"Thank God, mrs Hooda I thought iss janam mein toh tum kabhi nahin bolti."

She punched his arms playfully feigning to be annoyed as he kissed her temple. 

'As if  you say those words to me often Mr. Hooda, you only say it when you're drunk and jealous because someone is trying to take me away from you'.

Zoya stopped midway as she felt her waist being clasped tightly making her front hit his chest hard and at a reflex her nailes scratched his bulky arms. 

"Nobody can take you away from me did you get that."

He growled in her ears, making her breath hitched.

"You are not married to a prince charming shehzadi, had it not been for the goodness you radiate this beast would have clasped your wrist that very night we first met and dragged you through the dark hallways and whiffed you off in the monster I rode faraway from everyone you loved."

Before she could utter a word he swept her in his arms and placed her gently in the bed, when he was about to leave she encircled her arms around his neck and as their eyes met, her soft and understanding whereas his fiery with passion she placed a wet kiss in his forehead encircling him in an embrace as he hid his face in her chest. She kissed his head inhaling the scent of his thick soft hair and in no time both of them fell asleep.

Tomorrow, they would wake up as husband and wife with new challenges and difficulties but one thing that will remain constant would be there love and warmth.

(Hello readers, some more Adiya moments on it's way. How did you like the passionate Aditya Hooda? Please do comment on the story. Hope you are staying safe. Do take care everyone.)