Never let me go

His legs could not move, a distant chatter of voices was still reaching his ears but he stopped leaning on the wall as he felt her fingers slipping off from him. Her body had been freezing, he could never forget the marble coldness of her wrist when throughout the journey. The corridor suddenly faded away and was replaced by the winding stairs where a football bounced down.

Flashback

"For God sake, Anjana stop acting like a victim I had already made my past clear to you before we married."

Twelve-year-old Aditya heard his father yelling at his mother from behind closed doors.

"I had never imagined that your past would affect our present and future this way Harsh."

Aditya closed his ears as the shouting continued.

Flashback ends

"I want to see my daughter doctor please."

Aditya was suddenly brought back to the present when he heard Wasim Siddiqui's loud voice.

'Will you calm down Mr. Siddiqui, please. There are other patients here, your daughter, Zoya has been suffering from severe hypothermia and above that, her hand is badly injured. Look I don't know what lead to all this but still, how on earth could you let that happen Wasim. It seems like she was out there lying in the cold for many hours.'

Dr. Fernandez words, who also happened to be one of Wasim Siddiqui's oldest acquaintance in Mumbai left Wasim completely shattered.

"Noor aap Arjun ko boldijiye ki unke waalid aur bhai ko leke yahan se chalein jaye, humein kuch pal ke akele chhodh de."

'Wasim yeh aap kaise baatein kar rahe hai, woh humare rishtedaar hain ab'.

Roshnaq tried to intervene but Wasim spoke more harshly,

"Please Roshnaq I am trying my level best to not overstep my boundaries with them since my younger daughter will be soon marrying in their family but let's not forget it is because of them and their family issues that our elder daughter lost her life partner and now is struggling for her life."

Aditya quietly witnessed from afar, the entire Siddiqui family breaking down as Zoya oscillated between life and death inside. He very well knew that he was solely responsible for the misery infested upon this happy family but he roughly wiped the tears that were welling his eyes. 

"That rascal has crossed all borders of evilness, how could he kidnap Zoya, I am not sparing him this time Adi, Rajveer's game is over."

Harshvardhan Hooda had never regretted anything in life as much as he was regretting his sympathy and softness towards Rajveer ever since it was revealed that he was Harshvardhan's son from his first wife. 

'Pa, let's go from here, ma needs to get some rest. Arjun is here, after all, they are his responsibility from now.'

Harshvardhan could not believe his ears, he was longing to hear his Cheeku call him 'pa' after ages, but the circumstances were so brutal and Adi's urgency to head him, away from Zoya bothered Harshvardhan to a great extent. 

Aditya felt a sudden clasp at his hand, he turned around to see his mother.

"Cheeku, ek baar uski taraf dekhega bhi nahin?"

He closed his eyes for he had no answer to his mother's question, for he did not have the courage to look at Zoya's lifeless body, neither could he face her broken mother or her shocked sister. For Aditya Hooda was just a human being who could not live with so many guilts in his one lifetimes.