Till eternity and beyond

Mature content ahead 16+

Pooja Mathur Arora was coming to India after almost a year that too to rebuilt some old burnt bridges, to finally see her best friend after so many years. As she held her husband Yash Arora's hand she fondly recalled the most caring person in her life, Aditya Hooda. The endearing childhood memories they shared, the pure innocent love they had for each other. Then the bitter realisation that they were best friends not meant to be lovers, the realisation that broke them apart. Only Pooja knew how much she prayed every day that her Aditya would find someone he would finally fall in love with just like she found the love of her life, Yash Arora when she went to Australia after breaking her engagement with Aditya. 

Like every darkness, even the murky clouds in their estranged friendship removed when she received a phone call from Aditya some time back. As she entered the Hooda mansion after so many years she felt as cheerful as a little girl who was the constant companion of the Hooda boys. 

"Hey handsome, congratulations I can't believe you are getting engaged."

Pooja pulled Arjun's cheeks after giving him a bear hug, like a typical elder sister scanning him from top to bottom on whether he was dressed appropriately for his engagement.  

"Aur tera bhai kaha hai? woh kyun naye dulhe ki tarah sharma ke baitha hai".

Everyone started laughing, over the years one thing that had never changed in Hooda mansion was the laughter that Pooja brought to the place. Even Anjana affectionately patted her head foregoing all the past grievances. 

'Hum yahan hai madam phir se dil todh ne ka iradah hai kya.'

Aditya called out to her from the stairs, they quickly ran towards each other for a tight hug. Two best friends meeting after so many years, Pooja loved the glint on his eyes and Aditya was so glad to see her beautiful face. They welcomed Yash with all the warmth and it felt like the olden days with Pooja, Shakshi and the Hooda family happy together. 

Finally, the Siddiqui's arrived and everyone gushed at how beautiful Noor Siddiqui was looking on her special day. Noor's peach-pink lehenga accentuated her youthful glow as she shyly looked at Arjun as they were being welcomed in the gate. Meanwhile, Aditya's eyes were roaming until they finally settled on her. Zoya was elegantly draped in an ash grey saree with her nose ring glowing brightly. The Siddiqui's and Hooda's exchanged the warmth for each other, to the much relief of both Aditya and Zoya. For them, the happiness of their younger siblings mattered the most. 

"Zoya right?"

Pooja smiled brightly as Shakshi looked at both of them fondly. 

"Gosh, don't mind but how do you manage to make everyone spellbound."

Zoya and Shakshi both stood there confused at Pooja's comment.

"Arre I mean to say not just my ma, even Arjun can't stop praising you and let's not even talk about Aditya he has been suffering from a disease that starts and ends with you I guess."

Zoya blushed and looked at the floor for she knew Aditya was standing right next to her. 

'Will you stop bothering her', 

Aditya said playfully while never leaving his gaze from Zoya. 

"Achha chalo everyone it's time for the ring ceremony".

Anjana announced at that very moment.

Noor and Arjun exchanged their rings amidst the happy tears of their mothers and proud smile of their fathers. They thankfully looked at their older siblings standing right next to them for without their support this would not have been possible. Throughout the ceremony, Aditya kept stealing glances at Zoya but to his annoyance, she was too engrossed at everything else except him. What he failed to notice was the moment he looked away which was seldom she would blushingly glance at him, silently adoring his childish attention-seeking traits. He was looking extremely dashing in the white pathani suit that he was wearing, with the embroidered Nehru jacket. He had cribbed at the jacket selected by his mother and it was only because of her that he had agreed to put it on. Zoya adoringly looked at how Aditya made sure to adjust the scarf on Arjun's breast pocket routinely for the pathani suit was gifted by their abbu and both the brothers were extra cautious as to not offend Siddiqui sir in any way. 

After the ring ceremony, everyone started to enjoy together on the dance floor, authentic Punjabi and Sindhi folksongs made everyone tap their feet. Apart from the recently engaged couple Aditya and Pooja danced the most reminiscing their old happy memories. Zoya was more than happy to see her parents, her younger sister, Arjun and Aditya enjoying themselves. 

She retreated to the room allotted to her and Noor to receive a call from back home when she suddenly felt herself being pulled inside the room. For a second she felt out of breath then realisation dawned upon her that the fragrance belonged to someone very close to her. 

'Aadity...'

he smiled softly listening to her utter his name breathlessly.

'Did I take your breath away miss?'

His husky voice made her breath hitch as his stubble pricked her shoulder blades. She was a captive in his strong embrace, 

'Aditya, somebody might come',

She tried to reason out although her head was spinning and her heartbeat seemed several times faster than usual.

'Aane doh, I don't want to stay away from you any longer, you're staying with me tonight let's go to my apartment.'

Although her senses were drowning in his touch she could not help but smile at his childlike nagging tone in between his rough husky demands. 

He started to possessively kiss her hands while resting his chin on her shoulder, what appalled Zoya was that he had never been so demanding earlier, in fact, he had not even kissed her except for those assuring forehead kisses. 

'Aditya sachi mein koi aajayega,'

Zoya managed to utter before she drowned in his intoxicating wet kisses all over her long neck. 

"Chalo ammi , ma aur Shakshi ma ko lekar mandir mein abhi shaadi karlenge phir I won't have to share you with anyone, tum sab ki favourite kyun ho sab tumhe mujhse duur lejate rahete hain."

She could not take it any longer, why was he so innocent she wondered as she hid his face in her breast shielding him from the harsh realities of the world. At the moment he captured her lips in a searing kiss expressing all his suppressed desires for her. 

Their moment was broken when they heard a sharp knock on the door, Zoya placed both her hands on his neck and joined her forehead with his in a bit to calm both of them down. 

"We need to stop right now, I will talk to Abbu about us the first thing in the morning till then stay we will be separated physically, do it for me please."

If only she knew how power oozed even in her feebleness, he agreed as she placed a wet kiss on his forehead. 

Under the blanket of the shining stars, they did not know what the next morning was about to bring for them but one thing was constant and it was the tie of the two souls till eternity and beyond.

(Hey all hope you are staying safe. We are coming to the end of our story folks hope you will like the ending. Please drop in your comments as they are precious. Take care of your loved ones, help those in need.)