Chapter 6

Dr. Hyde was offering a chance to better myself into a person that could actually help others who aren't able to help themselves. With the opportunity to switch up the role that I'd been playing my whole life, from being the person that would always need help in every aspect of his life.

Whether it be getting up in the morning, changing my clothes, or even using the bathroom to becoming a new and improved person that could do what others considered normal of having a job where it would be my job to protect the weak. My world could be turned around, and all I had to do to change my decision was to pick up my phone to call Dr. Hyde. But I also couldn't bear to leave my family. It would be selfish of me to do that to them, and I didn't know how it'd affect them if I left.

These were some of the thoughts I was debating as I sat in silence for the next hour. Deliberating over all this new information I'd received from Dr. Hyde. I mean, he had just told me that my best friend had been lying to me for years about having a real job of being in a secret international division in the Department of Homeland Security called The Global Agency Unit. Then had told me that Peyton might have gone rogue and had something to do with the explosion at his so-called office today. Finally, he asked me, of all people, if I wanted to become an agent with the same physical traits as everyone else somehow so that I might assist in resolving everything with this whole debacle. But it sounded too much to be true, and I'd made my decision.

I turned back on Netflix to watch the rest of Elf, and caught up on a couple of shows for the next couple hours on things that I hadn't watched in a while. Although, the thought of accepting Dr. Hyde's offer kept rearing its ugly head back into my head, no matter what I was watching. Then, finally, the thought was interrupted when I heard a familiar jingle at the front door.

In, burst Jeff and my mom, looking like they had just gone ten rounds in a boxing ring since they'd probably went gone hell at the hospital trying to help all the victims from Peyton's building today. Their scrubs were soaked with sweat as Jeff walked through the door with Chinese takeout boxes all along his arms.

"Wooh! Today has been an absolute nightmare. But I'm glad to be back to see my boy safe." She gasped as she walked straight to me and put her hands on each of my cheeks while Jeff went to the table and unpacked the delicious smelling food.

"Honey, I don't know what I would have done if you'd gotten hurt like some of those people I saw today. It was absolutely awful. But things have started slowing down a little bit for now, and I needed to see with my own eyes that my baby was ok. So I got my things, convinced Jeff here to take a break from all the chaos to pick up some Chinese food. And then came straight here to see you." She said as she gave me a kiss on the forehead and hugged me in my chair.

All I could do at that moment was reassure her that I was ok.

"It's ok mom, I'm alright. Jeff cleaned me up before he went back, and I've just been sitting here watching Netflix, trying to relax and get today outta my head."

"Oh, good, and here I was thinking that you were sitting here thinking of how awful of a mother I am." As she began to cry, while also laughing a little.

"Oh, mom, never. You're the most caring person I've ever known. I don't blame you for trying to help everyone because you already knew I was safe. It's your job to help save people's lives, and you'd already saved mine." I said as I tried to put my right hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, honey, I love you too. I really needed to hear that."

She pushed her hand to her face to wipe away her tears, before spinning around toward the table.

"Now, let's put this day behind us and eat some delicious chicken fried-rice that Jeff got us from that Chinese restaurant you love so much."

"Sounds like a plan to me."