Chapter 38: You & Queen

Start from the beginning

"Sounds good?" He asked, I nodded.

"Yeah," I said unsure of what he was talking about.

"Did you even hear what I said?" I shook my head, biting my lip.

"What do you want?" He asked as he skipped through the pages of the magazine.

"You." His eyes instantly met mine, with an intense stare that said more than a thousand words.

"Why must you tempt me, Natalia?" I walked closer to him, my heart beating faster with each step, knowing what was about to happen.

"Why must you tempt me?" I retorted, I ran my tongue lightly along my bottom lip, catching his attention as our faces were a few inches apart, both waiting for the other to close the agonizing distance between us.

My breathing was slow allowing him to smell my minty breath, as his eyes gazed at my lips once again as if they were indescribable art in a museum.

I leaned in further just wanting to feel our souls intertwine as our lips met in a breathless kiss.

Our lips grazed each other, silently asking to be brought together, he heeded their call as he closed the little distance between us.

Kissing him was like heaven on earth, a feeling no one knew but everyone wanted.

Our lips moved like a dance, slow but magical.

I honestly didn't know how or why Alessandro was able to make me feel this way, sometimes it frustrated me, I didn't like not having power over my life especially my feelings, but who was I to stop my heart from loving him?

Who was I to deny this one in a lifetime love?

He was perfection, but his only imperfection was loving me.

What did he see in me that I couldn't see in myself?

I broke from my thoughts as he gently pulled back, looking into my eyes as if he was seeing the heavens for the first time.

I didn't need to speak for him to notice the sudden change in my mood, "What's wrong?" Alessandro asked worriedly, holding my face in his hands.

"Why do you love me? I can't even say it back." I whispered looking away from him as his stare only made my overwhelming emotions harder to keep in.

"Natalia, I love you because you make me so happy, I didn't think it was possible to feel this way about anyone, to love someone to the extent that I'd die for them."

"I have to admit, it's scary to give you that much power over me, but I trust completely with my heart."

"I know that even if you don't say it, I know that you love me too."

"I don't need to hear those words from you, your actions are enough." I couldn't help a tear that slipped from my chocolate colour eyes, it was like a light drizzle before a storm. 

He brought me into a hug allowing me to cry in his chest, he didn't seem to mind the tears against his shirt since his focus was on me and only me.

"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. You have no idea how much you mean to me." He said, rubbing my back soothingly.

I wondered if he experienced the same fastening of the heart whenever we touched, I wondered if he realized how much I needed him because in truth I didn't know how to let him go.

I pulled away from the relaxing hug, wiping my tears with his help.

"I look like a mess, don't I." It wasn't much of a question but more of a statement.