Chapter 22: Oh & Empty

-

Natalia turned around to face her fiance. "Eric." She forced a smile, feeling irritation rising in her chest.

"Natalia, how are y-" Before he could finish his sentence, he was interrupted.

"Natalia." She sighed and turned to the voice.

"Ryan, are you joining us too?" He gave her a smug grin nodding as his eyes traced her body, making her shiver in disgust.

"Yes, I am."

"Great." She said sarcastically, not liking this one bit.

"Can we go now?" Alessia asked obviously feeling the tension between the three.

"No, we're waiting on your brother." Natalia reminded her, wishing Alessandro could come fast.

As if planned a familiar voice spoke. "I'm right here." They all turned to him, just as a woman towards him.

"Sir the vans are ready." Alessandro nodded.

"Let's go." And they did.

Once they got into the car, silence took them. "Um, Alessia who will be going for the crates?" Natalia asked, putting a good amount of space between her and Alessandro, knowing her mind would only be on him if they were too close. 

"Natalia and Alessandro will clear the room with the files about R, while we distract on the outside," Alessia informed them making Natalia wonder if she was doing this on purpose, but she knew she and Alessandro were best equipped for it.

"Why both of them?" Eric and Ryan asked Alessia simultaneously.

"Because they're the best." Ryan rolled his eyes.

Alessia took out a map, showing them where to go and where to enter. "Ok, we enter in a few minutes pick your weapon of choice over there," Natalia announced as soon as the van stopped.

Natalia took up the Glock 19, she made sure to place a silencer on the gun, before putting it into her holster.

"Natalia, could I talk to you?" She turned around to face Eric, he was acting as if they were at her house and not on a mission.

"Not right now Eric. Ready guys?"

"We'll distract them, you guys wait here until start shooting," Alessia ordered.

Natalia and Alessandro nodded as everyone went towards the warehouse. "A Glock 19?" He asked referring to her choice of gun.

"What? You don't like it?" He shook his head, "Well I've never missed with this gun."

"We should go to the shooting range sometime."

"Another scheme to get me alone?" He chuckled stepping closer to her, "You know me so well."

"I-" She didn't get the chance to speak as they heard gunshots, they ran to the back of the warehouse going to the room entrance Alessia had shown them.

They moved quietly but quickly, making sure not to be seen or heard. Natalia peeked around the corner, seeing two guards walking around. She turned back to Alessandro.

"I take the one on the right you take the one on the left?" Natalia asked.

"Sounds good to me."

Alessandro and Natalia walked from the wall they were at before the guards could react they shot them in the head, making them fall lifelessly to the ground.

Walking over to them Natalia picked up a key card from one of the guys and opened the door.

It was surprisingly empty, they went towards the crate and opened it.