Chapter 16: Denied & Want

-

Even though Natalia slept, she was still tired as her mind thought of every possible person, who would want her dead but that was a long list due to her family's long line of murders. At least Natalia knew it wasn't Ryan, he didn't have the balls to pull a stunt like this.

With a sigh, she left her room the sound of voices in the dining room caught her attention, her feet moved on their own as she entered earning everyone's gaze.

Her parents, Alessandro, Alessio and a few other people sat around the table.

"Good morning."

Natalia greeted keeping her eyes away from Alessandro's knowing it was best to keep her distance after the news she received about her engagement.

"Ah, you must be Natalia, my children have told me a lot about you." The man shook her hand, she glanced at her father the look in her eye said enough as he spoke.

"Natalia this is Lorenzo, Alessandro's father." She gave him a tight smile, not in the mood to conversate but she knew she had to.

"It's nice to meet you, but I have some business to take care of. Do excuse me."

Natalia didn't give anyone a chance to speak as she left the room, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Natalia made her way to her office, deciding it was best to bury herself in work since she had been slacking off quite a bit, but most importantly she would have time to find out who was behind the notes.

-

They all watched as Natalia closed the door behind her, "Well she seems...nice." Lorenzo said. Anton sighed softly giving Alessandro's father a small smile.

"Don't take it personally, she's always like that. She's probably just stressed out about her wedding." Alessandro almost choked on his wine hearing this.

"Her what? I wasn't aware Natalia was getting married." Alessia said giving her twin brother a comforting smile as he hid his emotions, but she could guess exactly what he was feeling, hurt.

"She wanted to keep it private until a few weeks before the big day. Kenneth, I heard you were starting a business?" Nicole explained briefly, obviously wanting to drop the topic.

"Yes, I was actually-" Kenneth halted since Alessandro stood, "I need to make a phone call if you'll excuse me." No one made a move to stop him as he went through the dining room door, they all knew he wasn't going to make a phone call but he was going to talk to someone.

-

Alessandro went to Natalia's room but she was nowhere to do found, so he searched the whole house in hopes to find her, and luck played in his favour as the next door he opened revealed the gorgeous woman sitting around her desk looking stressed.

Her eyes immediately met his, but he noticed her efforts to make sure they didn't linger as she glanced back at the documents in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" Natalia questioned him, sounding as tired as she looked back down at her desk.

"I was looking for you." He stated, closing the door before making his way over to her.

Natalia did her best to keep her eyes on the papers, but feeling his burning gaze on her made it harder and harder.

"Well, you found me. What did you need?" He sighed, a slight irritation being found in it since he felt like he was going back to square one with her.

Alessandro leaned against her desk looking down at her.

"I just found out you're engaged. Thank you for the heads on that one by the way." He joked bitterly, she gave him a tight smile tilting her head slightly as she looked into his eyes for a second while she spoke.

"I thought you might like the surprise." She said with the same amount of bitterness.

Natalia knew she had to let go of him and let him let go of her and him hating her seemed like the best way to do so.

"Natalia, I thought we were getting somewhere." He whispered loud enough for her to hear, this time hurt was the emotion that was heard in his voice.

She did her best to keep a straight face as she looked through the paper acting like there was something more interesting than her conversation with him.

"Alessandro, I wanted you for sex nothing more, but since my fiance is coming I'll be satisfied. Now is that all?" Natalia knew exactly which buttons to press when it came to men, they put their pride above anything else.

"I don't believe that's true Natalia." He said firmly.

"I admire your persistence Alessandro, but as I said I don't want or need you." He placed a finger under her chin gently turning her face to his.

"I want you, Natalia." He closed the distance between them, trying his best to remember the feeling of her lips and her sweet taste.

She didn't pull away wanting the kiss just as much as he did.

This was not a part of her plan but when it came to him her mind only consisted of him.

She stood slowly, pushing him back against the desk. Alessandro couldn't help the smile he had on his face at her roughness.

A low groan left him as she softly nibbled on his bottom lip, making him open his mouth allowing her tongue inside.

Natalia gasped as he switched their positions, she was now under him. 

He gazed into her eyes searching for some type of emotion besides lust but he found none, maybe she was just that good at hiding the emotions she didn't want him to see or maybe she didn't care for him the way he cared for her.

Alessandro broke from his train of thoughts as he left wet kisses against her neck earning soft moans from Natalia as she moved her hands to his belt buckle, ready to undo it, but he pulled away earning a frown.

"Why did you stop?" She asked breathlessly making him raise a brow as he smirked teasingly.

"I thought you didn't want or need me Natalia." He said, receiving an eye roll as she sat up, fixing her blue dress.

"I don't." Alessandro stepped closer to Natalia, backing her to the desk once again as he leaned in her breath hitched in her throat, feeling his lips brushing against hers.

Natalia's eyes fluttered closed waiting for another breathless kiss but it never came.

"You were saying?" He asked amused, she sighed frustrated by his antics, he took her hand in his as she spoke.

"You want me just as much." Alessandro nodded kissing inside her wrist.

"I've never denied it."