The Only Ending To Our Second Life

Jc:

She rolled up her sleeves and I notice my initials carved into it.

Then there was the painful lines of cuts and then soon I noticed the cloud. I looked at her. Her eyes were clouding up with tears.

"Jenn." I say.

"Why?" I question.

She remained quiet. Not a single word spoken. I thought at one moment she was holding her breath for countless seconds.

"O2L ended...we decided on it not long ago." I say.

"I know." she says in a monotone.

I stood quiet counting the seconds to how long it would take for her to say another word.

"I want to sleep." I say randomly.

"Don't act like you're not tired." I taunt.

She looks at me and smiles.

She turns off the lights and I feel the bed dip. I open my arms unknowingly what am I going to hit. To only hit the wall and receive a painful sting.

"Fuck!" I say groaning in pain.

"What happened?" she asks.

"I hit my hand hard against the wall." I explain.

She begins to laugh.

"Aww poor baby!" she coos jokingly.

"Because you know you need a cast and an E.R." she continues with her nonsense.

I grab her and kiss her.

"Jennifer Mcallister I do not appreciate this sort of behavior." I scold.

She begins to laugh.

As the noises die down. We lay on the bed for a while.

"Can't sleep?" She asks.

"Yeah." I respond.

"How is it? You know the whole fact that O2L is just done." she asks.

"It sucks. Knowing that I won't be able to say "What's up O2L," on a recording camera and having brainstorming ideas on what videos should make this week. It feels like everything is just gone in an instant. Then again I'm relieved. It won't be just as hard. It won't feel like a load of heavy rocks on my back. I feel average." I tell her.

She smiles in the darkness.

"Well you moved to your third life and Connor was just a small pathway to it to find a better place." she says.

I smile.

This girl can't get anymore poetic with me.

I spoon her in my arms.

I wish I can just start over.