"We're going to a planet in the Pleiades star system tomorrow. This trip might take a few days," He tells me suddenly. 

"We're going to stay there?" I ask him curiously and he nods his head. 

"It's a diplomatic trip so we will be staying there for a few days. The Generals and the Trinity are going along with our Sergeant Commanders and squads."

"What planet is it?"

"Taygeta," He turns to look at me once we reach his home and his gaze is somewhat unnerving. It might be my paranoia but he is staring at me almost suspiciously. 

"It seems they have been supplying weapons to a rebel force that we have been trying to track down for years. Our intel tells us that this news is true and therefore Taygeta must be dealt with seriously." He shuts the glider down and turns his attention fully on me. 

"There's a rebel force buying guns from one of your planets?" I fake incredulity as I ask him because this isn't the first time I've heard of this. "Who are these rebels?" 

The mere fact that there are some aliens out there in the universe with the guts to take on the Plutonian empire fills me with awe. I can't help but admire their bravery even though half of me thinks it is purely suicidal to attempt such a feat.

"We don't know who they are but they have been a thorn in our side for awhile. Their influence is slowly spreading from planet to planet like a disease," Lucian seethes with anger when he speaks about them.

"What? You mean they come from more than one planet?" I ask him in shock and his eyes narrow on my face. 

"Try not to look so happy, Aria," He says and then he gets out of the glider. 

I freeze in place, wondering what he meant by that. I don't look happy, do I? I pinch the skin on my forearm hard, trying to get it together before he figures me out and everything's ruined. 

I still have another file to look into. 

I rush after Lucian and keep up with his long strides as he walks through his foyer. We reach his room and he walks to his table where dinner has been set for us. I join him and we eat in a rather uncomfortable silence. I take a bite of the grilled meat and stare at him warily. 

"I'm not happy about this whole situation, Lucian," I say after I swallow that piece of meat. "In fact I've been worrying about you almost every second." 

It's technically not a lie.

Lucian chews on his food while he stares at me. He takes a sip of his oxygen infused drink and leans back. 

"You have?" 

I almost feel guilty for hitting his weak spot. Lucian has admitted to me before about how he feels most people around him don't care about his well being and instead want to use him. He always softens up when I admit to worrying about him.

"Yes and it doesn't help that you can't tell me much." My eyebrows knit together in a frown.

He suddenly sighs loudly and rubs a hand over his face. "I don't know, everyone is making me suspicious nowadays. Just forget I said anything. You're the last person I would expect to betray me and probably one of the few I still trust. I'm sorry I doubted you." 

I gulp silently after he says this and my entire body feels heavy with guilt. I force a smile to my face and concentrate on my food. My appetite seems to have disappeared after what he just said.

Lucian finishes his food much faster than I do and he gulps down his drink. 

"I'm going to take a bath. You can join me once you're done," He says and then he gets up. He places a soft kiss on the side of my head and then walks into his bathroom.