He smiled cutely, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. "I love you, Lukey."

"I love you too, Cal."

"Like, a lot. Tons and tons. I love you to the Milky Way and back."

"I love you to Gallifrey and back."

I heard Calum groan, causing me to chuckle.

"You and your stupid references," he muttered, kissing my neck softly. "You're such a dork. Why am I dating you again?"

"I don't know, you tell me, you're the one who made that huge scene in the middle of the football field just to ask me to be your boyfriend."

"Oh my god, that feels like centuries ago!" he chuckled, before falling silent for a moment. "You're amazing, Luke, you know that? You're amazing, and caring, and wonderful. You see the good in the worst people. You saw the good in me... I'm so lucky to say that you're mine."

I was going to open my mouth to protest, to say that I was the lucky one, but he continued before I got the chance.

"You know, I always believed that most love only last a while. I guess I still sort of worry about that, but I hope it's not true, Lukey. I'm just- God, what have you done to me? I get stupid butterflies because of you, and I'm just... I'm in love with you, with everything you do. I don't want this to end," he shook his head, before sighing. "I love you, Lukey. I love you so much. I just want you to know that."

My eyes widened through his speech. Well, that was certainly unexpected.

I must've been quiet for longer than I realised, because Calum lifted himself up a little to look down at me, frowning. "Say something, you dork. I was trying to be cute and loving. Did it work?"

I tried hard, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. "Oh Calum, I love you."

He grinned happily, and I cupped his face to pull him down for a sweet kiss. I felt him smiling against my lips, only making me smile even wider.

"For the record, yes, it did work," I whispered, pulling away from the kiss.

"Good," he giggled, pecking my lips before getting off the couch.

"Where are you going?" I asked, looking up at him with curious eyes.

"Going to get Tay a blanket," he shrugged, stepping out of the living room. I sat up on the couch, waiting for him to come back.

He came back a minute later, a red blanket and a pillow in his hand and a grin on his face. "My parents are asleep."

"Okay, so...?"

"Did you already forget our plans, Hemmings?" he giggled, throwing the blanket over his sister and putting the pillow under her head before walking over to me and extending both his arms. "Come on."

"Way to set the mood," I giggled, allowing him to hoist me up on my feet.

"Oh, come on."

I allowed him to drag me into his room, and before I knew it, he had sat me down on the bed and clambered over me so that he was straddling me.

His hands were already at the topmost button of my black shirt and his lips were on my neck, pressing open-mouthed kisses along it. I groaned slightly, gripping his hips and pulling him even closer to me, tilting my head to the side to give him better access.

"I almost don't want to take off your clothes," he mumbled, already breathless. "You just look so damn good... But I've been waiting all night for this."