✕ three ✕

A/N: recap bc I know someone will ask: Cameron is Luke's ex (that Calum hates)

[Luke.]

Even though summer had ended, I had decided to keep my job at the record store, only changing my shifts to after school ones.

So here I was, sitting behind the front counter, tapping my fingers absently against the glass as I watched the clock tick. My manager had put me on cashier duty but it was a dry, dreary Wednesday, so I really had nothing to do. Usually I mucked around with the guitars, but I was specifically told to pay attention to my task without getting distracted.

A few minutes passed, and still nothing. I was honestly debating getting a guitar when the door finally opened, the bell above it chiming softly, and I looked up to see familiar green eyes.

"Luke!" Cameron smiled, walking over to the front desk. Behind him was another boy about his height, with blond hair and wide, grey eyes. "Hey, I didn't know you still worked here?"

I shrugged, smiling at the cheerful boys. "Yeah, decided to keep it. Helps me feel like I'm actually contributing rather than just living off the Hoods ya know?"

"I get it," he nodded, before turning to the boy beside him. "Luke, this is Zach, my boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you!" I smiled politely, shaking his hand. M

"Nice to meet you, too," he answered, and I couldn't help but notice the fact that we actually looked kind of similar. Hunh, seems like Cameron had a type.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"Nah, we were just going to look around," Cameron nodded to the blond next to him before smiling at me.

"Great! Let me know if you need anything."

"Will do!"

And with that, the two of them disappeared into one of the aisles. I smiled, rolling my eyes a little as I went back to being bored behind the counter.

People started coming in, and I recognised a few people from my school, but to my surprise Calum didn't show up. I wanted to check my phone to see if he had texted me but the shop was getting a bit crowded so my manager would kill me if he caught me on my phone at a time like this.

Finally, my shift was finished, and I was so close to bolting out of the shop if it hadn't been for Cameron and Zach. I stopped for a little bit to chat with them, not hesitating to point out the newly blossoming mark on Cameron's neck. Ah, these boys. I silently hoped Calum and I weren't that obvious when we made out in public... Not that it happened all that often, but still.

As I exited the shop, I checked my phone to see that Calum texted me about having practice till later this evening. With a slight nod, I texted him back to let him know that I was heading home and that I'd see him when he got back.

I stepped into the house to find Mrs. Hood in the living room, watching a tv show. Hunh, well that was new.

"Oh, hello Luke," she greeted me with a warm smile as I kicked off my shoes. "How was work?"

I shrugged. "Same as. I actually met an old friend, so that was pretty nice."

"That sounds great! Well I'll leave you to it, I've got to finish this episode."

With a chuckle, I walked down the hallway to Taylor's and my room, but right before stepping in, I realised there were muffled voices coming from inside. I frowned, knocking on the door to make sure I wouldn't be interrupting anything important.

"Luke?" Taylor's voice called out.

"Yep," I answered, putting my hand on the doorknob, waiting for my cue.

"Oh, come in!"

And with that, I opened the door to find Jenna smiling at me and Taylor laughing. "You don't have to knock to come in, it's your room too."

"Yeah but I heard talking," I shrugged, putting my bag down at the foot of my bed before sitting down. "What were you guys talking about?"

Taylor rolled her eyes, spinning herself around on the desk chair she was sitting at (backwards, mind you) while Jenna grinned. "Jenna was gushing about Ashton," she drawled. "And I was being the amazing friend I am and listening to her dreadfully weird adventures with bandana boy."

I rolled my eyes playfully at my best friend. "I'm sure your 'adventures' with Mikey are just as weird."

"Adventures just sounds so wrong," Jenna giggled, and Taylor's jaw dropped.

"I wasn't even thinking about it that way!" she defended, leaning over and tossing a pillow at Jenna. "I just meant that you're literally just going on and on about your weird dates!"

"They're not weird!" Jenna pouted, a blush beginning to cover her features. "They're cute!"

"Yeah, okay," Taylor answered sarcastically.

"All you and Mikey do is eat pizza and play video games," Jenna argued.

"We're not dating though," Taylor shrugged, an amused smile on her face. "Better that th-"

"Still not dating!?" I cried out, not really being able to help it. "Seriously, you guys are can't be that oblivious."

"I agree with the lanky noodle over there," Jenna laughed, pointing her thumb in my direction. "You guys need to get on that."

Taylor grumbled something incomprehensible, and I just laughed. We talked for a little longer, probably like 20 minutes, until Calum came home.

"Hey Cal!" Tay smiled as he stepped into our room.

"Hey," he answered, seeming a bit distant. "Can I borrow your guitar tuner?"

"Sure," she nodded, turning around to rummage through her desk drawer.

While she did so, I greeted Calum too, but he only mumbled a "Hey Luke," in my direction, not even bothering to look at me.

He took the tuner from Tay, thanked her and left in a haste, and I turned to Jenna.

"What the hell is up with him?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Nothing happened between us..."

"That's wei- Oh."

Taylor's text tone had interrupted Jenna's sentence, and Tay apologised before checking her phone. With a frown, she scanned over her screen before typing back at a furiously fast pace.

"Um, well," she finally mumbled, putting her phone down and looking at me. "Where were you today?"

"Hunh? I was at work..." I answered slowly, not sure where she was going with this.

"Exactly," she grumbled again, but before she could do anything more, her mouth fell open. "Well, Luke, I think you might have an imposter or something."

With a frown, I got off my bed and walked over to her, taking her phone from her hand. On the screen was a picture message from Mikey, and when I tapped to enlarge the photo, my eyes went wide.

"You don't think Cal..." I couldn't finish the sentence.

Taylor bit her lip and shrugged, before turning the phone so Jenna could see it too. "I don't know, but your best shot is to talk to him."

I sighed, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples. God, would the problems ever end?

>>>

A/N: OH SHOOT WHAT'S THE PHOTO??

(you guys can forget about Zach's name bc that's not what's important)

love you guys lots xx