✕ epilogue ✕

A/N: *whispers* I dedicate this to all of you bc I love you forever

[Luke.]

I woke up a few hours later to find Calum safely curled up beside me, and I smiled softly. Kissing his forehead, I reached over for my phone, running my hands over the surface of my bedside cabinet and frowning when I couldn't find it. It must be in my jeans...

I craned my neck to look around the room, and found my jeans lying in the corner near my cupboard. There was no way I was getting up to get them, so I simply put my arm back down around Calum's waist, and kissed his forehead gently.

Outside, the sun was setting, casting a dim orange light into the room and illuminating Calum's face. I smiled softly, running my fingertips along his jawline, marvelling at his perfection.

Then, it was with a heavy heart that I realised he wasn't staying. He was only here for a week. His life was still in Sydney; mine still in New York.

The prospect of not being able to hold him and kiss him and physically be with him was too much for me to bear at the moment, so I buried my face in his hair, my fingers tracing small circled on his hips.

My actions must've woken him up, because I heard him grumble a little before yawning and rolling around, onto his other side, so his back was against my front.

"Too early to get up," he mumbled, and I laughed breathily, nuzzling into the back of his neck and tightening my hold on him.

"You don't have to get up, babe," I mumbled against his skin, and I heard him hum contentedly.

"You don't have to ever get up," I added, the words tumbling from my mouth before I could fully process them.

"That sounds good," he answered with a yawn, pushing back against me a little to get comfortable.

I kissed his neck softly before whispering, "You can stay here with me forever."

I had half expected Calum to turn around and demand explanations. But surprisingly, Calum just nodded. "I might just do that."

I inhaled sharply, murmuring a surprised "What?"

At that, however, he turned around, rubbing his eyes sleepily before opening one to look at me. "I just might stay here forever with you."

"You... What?" The words weren't registering in my mind. He couldn't be serious... Could he?

He was suddenly worried, recoiling back a bit. "I thought you were being serious, I'm sorry, I totally didn't-"

I silenced him with a kiss, running my hands along his arms to calm him down. "I was," I whispered against his lips.

"Do you want me to stay forever?" He answered quietly.

"Of course I do babe, I'd love it," I breathed out. "But that's up to you to decide."

He thought for a moment before his lips curled up into a smile. "Tay could be Mikey's merch girl," he smiled, leaning in to kiss me again.

As his lips moved delicately against mine, I knew that this was it. This was how it was supposed to be all along, and it really couldn't get better than this. We could go through hell and back, but Calum and I, we'll make it. We'll always come out on top, because it's us against the odds. I had lost him too many times to make the same mistakes, and I loved him too much to let him slip through my fingers once again.

It's Calum and Luke defying the odds and proving the world it was wrong, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

>>>

A/N: welp... It's over! Pls keep this book in your library, I'm going to be posting one last thing regarding the follow up one-shot and yeah

It's been a good one, guys. xx