✕ twenty four ✕

A/N: I'm not gonna say that the last chapter wasn't foreshadowing, but Luke isn't that big of a douchebag :)

also, mature content warning (?!)

[Luke.]

Oh, boy. I was so fucking wrong.

It had been nearly three weeks since we landed in New York, and I was aboslutely miserable. Now that all the novelty had worn out, I was missing Calum to no end. I don't know how it happened. One day, I woke up and it had just hit me like a train: Calum isn't here. Of course, I was aware of it before, but it just felt so much more real now.

Over the course of these three weeks, I had gone from not really noticing the difference to complaining to anyone who had the time to listen to me whine. I felt like an absolute train wreck.

Taylor had started decorating the walls of the house, but I had to turn away at each photo of Calum to ignore the panging in my heart.

However, thankfully, we had finally gotten the internet set up in our flat. Taylor had waited until she got a job to do so, and it wasn't too soon.

So here I was, sitting at the kitchenette counter, drumming my fingers on my laptop while waiting for Peyton and Taylor. We were about to call the guys on Skype, and Tay insisted that Peyton meet them. Well, Peyton had been wanting to, since they were all we talked about, but still. They were taking way too long right now, and I was getting ticked off. I just wanted to talk to my boyfriend.

After a few minutes of scrolling through Tumblr, the front door finally opened, revealing the two girls.

"Took you long enough," I muttered over the sound of them laughing and kicking off their shoes, starting up Skype.

"Don't be like that, grumpy-pants," Taylor shook her head, sitting down to my left, while Peyton took a seat to my right.

I quickly started the call, biting my lip as I waited for them to pick up. Glancing at the clock on the wall, I noted that it was just past 8pm here, which meant it was just past 12pm there. This time difference was going to kill me.

A loud noise from the other side of my screen snapped me out of my reverie, and I grinned widely when I registered Calum sitting in his bedroom, smiling at me. "Calum!" I practically squealed.

"Hey Lukey!" he answered, grinning widely. "Guys, come on!"

Quickly, Ashton and Mikey stuck their heads in the frame, and I grinned even wider.

"Hey Tay!" Michael greeted her, and she smiled back.

"Hey Mikey, Ash! Hey Cal! Oh, guys, this is Peyton! I've been telling you about her."

"Oh yeah, hey Peyton!" Ashton smiled, waving in her direction. "I'm Ashton, and the one with the red hair is Michael, and this is Calum!"

I chuckled, rolling my eyes playfully. She had already seen photos, but alright then Ashton.

"It's nice to meet you guys!" she smiled, and Tay gasped.

"What's up with you?" Calum laughed at his sister.

"Oh no, nothing," she shook her head, but she had a mischievous smile on her face. "Nothing at all."

"Uh, okay..." I shrugged, before turning back to the screen. "How have you guys been?"

"We've been pretty good, yeah," Ashton nodded, rearranging his green bandana. "How's life in the big city?"

"It's great," Taylor smiled in awe. "It's wonderful. You guys should come visit some time. That would be amazing."